How do you think it will look (tire and wheel combo)

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by BigOrange90Jimmy, Nov 9, 2004.

1. BigOrange90Jimmy

BigOrange90Jimmy 1/2 ton status Premium Member

Build(s):
    I was thinking of getting the aluminum wheels off a new silverado and putting them on my k5. how do you think would look on it wrapped in 35's? or will they get sucked into the wheel well too much? i don't wanna use wheel spacers either.

2. 84_Chevy_K10

84_Chevy_K10 Banned

Too much backspacing.

3. rjfguitar

rjfguitar 3/4 ton status GMOTM Winner

Build(s):
    [ QUOTE ]
    Too much backspacing.

[/ QUOTE ]Bingo and also the center bore of the late model rims are smaller than early rims from the lack of lock out hubs. I have seen people have late model rims bored out to fit over our early hubs, fairly easy process, just the expense and time.

4. BigOrange90Jimmy

BigOrange90Jimmy 1/2 ton status Premium Member

Build(s):
    That's all I need to know bud! That's $300 I can put towards a set of Welds...

5. rjfguitar

Build(s):
    [ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]You'll need WAY more than $300. My 16.5x14 Weld scorpios were $1,600.

If you get a set of welds you will love them, they are by far the best rim on the market.

6. jac6695

jac6695 1/2 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Bingo and also the center bore of the late model rims are smaller than early rims from the lack of lock out hubs.

[/ QUOTE ]

Where did you get this information? /forums/images/graemlins/rolleyes.gif GM has had the same size wheel center on 8 lug wheels for many years (smaller than Dodge and Ford).

Another problem with the Silverado wheels is the width (only 6.5"). Back spacing really isn't an issue on the 8 lug wheels. GM 6 lug 4 wheel drive trucks 88-up have a lot of backspace.

You should consider picking up a set of H2 wheels and 35's. They aren't too bad looking and go pretty cheap on Ebay.

7. K5MONSTERCHEV

K5MONSTERCHEV 1/2 ton status

I think the stock rims would be too skinny.

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah theres 1 Weld! However, I got my set for less then that.

8. Z3PR

Z3PR Banned

[ QUOTE ]
    [ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]You'll need WAY more than $300. My 16.5x14 Weld scorpios were $1,600.

If you get a set of welds you will love them, they are by far the best rim on the market.

[/ QUOTE ] Weld make some very nice rims, but my first choice is Centerline.

9. 6.2Blazer

6.2Blazer 1/2 ton status

Need to specify 6 lug (1/2 ton) or 8-lug (3/4 ton).

I doubt a stock 6-lug rim would fit because of the backspacing. Even if it did it would probabaly look goofy because of how far inside the wheelwell it would sit.

The factory 8-lug stuff should fit, but as already mentioned are only 6.5" wide and probably not the ideal setup for a 35" tire (assuming its the typical 12"+ width).

10. rjfguitar

Build(s):
    [ QUOTE ]
    I was thinking of getting the aluminum wheels off a new silverado and putting them on my k5. how do you think would look on it wrapped in 35's? or will they get sucked into the wheel well too much? i don't wanna use wheel spacers either.

[/ QUOTE ] [ QUOTE ]
    [ QUOTE ]
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Bingo and also the center bore of the late model rims are smaller than early rims from the lack of lock out hubs.

[/ QUOTE ]

Where did you get this information? /forums/images/graemlins/rolleyes.gif GM has had the same size wheel center on 8 lug wheels for many years (smaller than Dodge and Ford).

Another problem with the Silverado wheels is the width (only 6.5"). Back spacing really isn't an issue on the 8 lug wheels. GM 6 lug 4 wheel drive trucks 88-up have a lot of backspace.

You should consider picking up a set of H2 wheels and 35's. They aren't too bad looking and go pretty cheap on Ebay.

[/ QUOTE ] With 8 lug rims I would imagine that they would fit over a 10B hub because of the larger diameter flange on the 8 lug IFS Chevys.

BUT..... Read his post again. He says he has a K5, nothing about it being converted to 3/4 ton and as we all know a stock K5 is equipped with 6 lug axles. Late model 6 lug chevy rims WILL NOT FIT early strait axle trucks without the center bore's being bored out. Take your /forums/images/graemlins/rolleyes.gif else where.

If he is in fact 8 lug he should have mentioned that.

Have a nice day. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif