CK5 Network
Repairing, restoring or modifying your ride just got a whole lot easier!

How many of you have good clean,low miles,rust free rigs and still wheel?

84CUCV

3/4 ton status
Reaction score
Cant make up my mind if i should just sell the one m1009 i have that needs work and put the time and $$$ into my real good clean one with 22k on it. What would you do?

mike

tecton

1/2 ton status
Reaction score
Re: How many of you have good clean,low miles,rust free rigs and still whee

well
i wheel mine and its been downhill ever since

lots of dents and dings show up afrer the fact, tires are a nice shade of brown, rust is creeping out, paint chips, and broke parts

but hey...still looks better than 90% of the rigs here, hahahaha /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

j/m

pauly383

Daddy383
Reaction score

I have a pretty truck I wheel since I have only one truck and a wife . If I had two trucks one would be cut up and one I'd drive to work. Look in my sig for pics, only needs interior work.Not even 130,000 miles yet, new heads and some other parts , bottom end never opened /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/k5.gif

shaun

1/2 ton status
Reaction score
I wheel my 90 daily driver as does mtblazer 89 with his 89. Both clean rigs when started both clean rigs now with "additions" to the factory options. But look at dp90k5 or durf. Those are two amazing looking rigs and very capable at the same time.

JK5

1/2 ton status
GMOTM Winner
Reaction score
I lightly wheeled my Texas truck when it looked like this...

4336flex6-med.jpg

But after a while..
it just got old...
trying to keep scratches off of it...

So...I did this...

4336tubefront4-med.JPG

Much more FUN...Now!!! /forums/images/graemlins/hack.gif

imiceman44

Hoarder extraordinaire
Premium Member
Reaction score
[ QUOTE ]
I think i am going to keep both and sell everything else. thanks

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah that is what I would do.
I have 12 now, downsized from 18, but i will be looking at cuting down to only 8, I have 2 clean trucks, 2 potential classic cars, a Van and 2 beat up wheelers, the rest will be going.
/forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

I don't like to worry about my wheeler, not that i like beating on it but if I have to to make it from point A to point B, I will.

75-K5

3/4 ton status
Reaction score

Yeah, same here. Trying to cut down from 6 to 2 or 3. /forums/images/graemlins/crazy.gif

rjfguitar

3/4 ton status
GMOTM Winner
Reaction score

My 85K5 is absolutely rust free and nearly a completely strait body if it wasn't for 3 small dents. Mine has about 10K on it since I completely rebuilt the entire drivetrain and am in the middle of a restoration with the paint and interior.

I used to wheel the peeeeee out of it in the mud but do it less and less these days because I would rather keep it in excellent shape and finish my restoration.
7068low_front_corner_shot-med.jpg

kombi59

1/2 ton status
Reaction score

Mine had almost 70,000 miles on it when I got it.No rust at all. Made alot of changes though. I wheel it but dont get too crazy but I get on it every once and a while. lot of Dune riding.
480693_1_full.jpg
480693_23_full.jpg

84_Chevy_K10

Banned
Reaction score

I did at one time like many here, but it all goes downhill from there.

IMO there are two types of trail rigs:

Weekend warriors that are less capable that you get to drive to work all week

and...

Hardcore machines that don't get that much road use but spend a lot of time getting built up and then wheeled hard

I like both kinds. I wish mine was more #1 than #2, but these days it's more $2 than anything.

I've plunked down and bought another DD.

It's been a lot more fun getting to spend a month or two wrenching.

It hasn't left the yard in a few months now awaiting some minor changes but it will here in a few weeks.....locked, 1 ton, tons of little mods that take forever but add lots to the buildup......

trucks are fun both ways, really.

84CUCV

3/4 ton status
Reaction score

84 chevy K10, that is what i think to and what i plan on doing one as a DD and one as a off road rig

mike

supersize75k5

OrganDonorRacing.com
Reaction score

[ QUOTE ]
Mine had almost 70,000 miles on it when I got it.No rust at all. Made alot of changes though. I wheel it but dont get too crazy but I get on it every once and a while. lot of Dune riding.
480693_1_full.jpg
480693_23_full.jpg

[/ QUOTE ]

/forums/images/graemlins/bow.gif

very beautiful truck, thats what I wanted to do with the blue one...but.. /forums/images/graemlins/whistling.gif

detailer03

1/2 ton status
Reaction score

You live in Pt Pleasant and it is not a rust bucket... amazing. I lived in Colts Neck until about 9 years ago. Any way, I bought my 89 in Brick on 88 in 1993. Living in AZ pretty much stopped the rust. Only had a few spots to take care of. I have 230,000 on it now. It is s till clean. I put a tranny in it last year, a rear over haul 4 years ago and for xmas, I bought an engine.
It looks like I will have it forever.
Drop me a line, my email is in my profile.

kombi59

1/2 ton status
Reaction score

Thanks Supersize, My K5 is getting alot of engine work done right now. hopefully done in morning. heads, roller rockers, cam, msd box and distributor, holley double pumper, weiand intake.new Coated headers, heathy step up I hope. /forums/images/graemlins/peace.gif

kombi59

1/2 ton status
Reaction score

man I drove the blazer today whooo hooo man what a differance!!! /forums/images/graemlins/peace.gif it is like getting rocket boosters. the holley double pumpers throttle response is amazing. I suppose the heads make most of the power though. man it was christmas for me today /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/peace.gif /forums/images/graemlins/woot.gif

R72K5

Banned
Reaction score

holy crap you guys live what looks like on a whole different planet, all we see here is flat land and corn fields and rusted junk vehicles running around, hmm.

crazy! /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif

84_Chevy_K10

Banned
Reaction score

Come north, tons of nice K5s here.

mountainexplorer

1/2 ton status
Reaction score

[ QUOTE ]
holy crap you guys live what looks like on a whole different planet, all we see here is flat land and corn fields and rusted junk vehicles running around, hmm.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm glad I live where I do:
3728MyPlace01-med.jpg

Though, you do still see the rusty junk vehicles driving around. (at least when I'm there)

As for wheeling a nice, clean, low mileage rig, I think I'd try to keep it clean and get a cheap beater for playing with and abusing. My Suburban is about the straightest, but it still sees some mud and backroads.

Top Bottom