CK5 Network
Repairing, restoring or modifying your ride just got a whole lot easier!

HOW MANY WIRES,DISTRIBUTER??-IDIOT-DELETED_

boggerless

1 ton status
Premium Member
Reaction score
is it three or four wires ?? my truck didn't start last weekend and i noticed a loose wire(skinny orange).i changed the gas tonight but it's to late to screw with it.now i'm wondering if it was that wire?if it is where does it go in the harness order? thanks /forums/images/graemlins/k5.gifto /forums/images/graemlins/truck.gif

BranndonC

3/4 ton status
Reaction score
Re: DID SEARCH,HOW MANY WIRES ARE IN THE WIRE HARNESS CLOSEST TO THE DISTRI

caps stuck? /forums/images/graemlins/dunno.gif

bigburban383

1/2 ton status
Reaction score
Re: DID SEARCH,HOW MANY WIRES ARE IN THE WIRE HARNESS CLOSEST TO THE DISTRIBUTE

Do you mean the wire connector that go into the distributor?

There is one connector from the coil and one that goes into the main wiring harness. Tomorrow I can get a wiring diagram to figure out the orange wire from the distributor. Its probably not a ground. Did you check for spark?

boggerless

1 ton status
Premium Member
Reaction score

i didn't check for spark cuz it started before.i did unplug it tonight and had to use a lighter cuz i droped the flash light.( a $70.00 dive light /forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif).from what i could see there is only three wires going into the skinny harness, but there was a small orange one that i can't identify.there is also an orange one already plugged in. i just need to know if there is three or four wires going into that harness. /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif /forums/images/graemlins/k5.gifto /forums/images/graemlins/truck.gif

boggerless

1 ton status
Premium Member
Reaction score

i just need to check the count coming out of the passenger side of the distributer. MORON /forums/images/graemlins/doah.gif /forums/images/graemlins/doah.gif sorry for the dumb ass question. /forums/images/graemlins/k5.gifto /forums/images/graemlins/truck.gif

Top Bottom