how much room do cut out flairs give?

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by original balzer, Oct 11, 2005.

1. original balzer

original balzer 1/2 ton status

basicaly i want to go bigger but dont want to change the 4" lift i have. so im going to use zero rates a 1" body and bushwaker cutout flairs. but i have no idea how much room the cut outs will give me. can anyone tell me in an example say a truck running 35's add flairs can you fit a bigger tire without rubbing. i would like to run 37's or 38's i have 35's right now and if i was to get twisty im sure they would rub. by the way this wont be a hardcore trail truck but will see some trails and twisty sections. i know the flairs can crack when bumped but usualy the trails around here are wide enough i wont have to worry. and i like the looks of the rivet cut out flairs.

balzer

2. muddybuddy

muddybuddy 3/4 ton status

if ur running 35s now u should be able to run 37s with cutouts i believe.

3. original balzer

original balzer 1/2 ton status

anyone else? i dont suppose any one already has 4" with 1" zero rates and 1" body and the bushwacker flairs that can tell me how big a tire will fit? wishful thinking? or can tell me how big a tire will fit with that combo?

balzer

4. eclipse

eclipse 1/2 ton status

I would think it would depend on the width of the tire and wheel... and back spacing. My 77K20 has a 3in body lift, 2.5 springs in the front (4in block in the rear) and bush wackers. It had 38x15.50 mudders on 16.5x9.75 rims when I got it, they cleared no problem. Currently I have my friends boggers on it, 39.5x18x16.5s on 16.5x9.75, and they barely clear, it rubs a little bit. I would think with a 1" body lift, zero rates and a 4in lift, thats 6in lift and bushwackers you could clear 38s no problem.

5. RootBreaker

RootBreaker 3/4 ton status Premium Member GMOTM Winner

Build(s):
    I have the cutout flares and they suck....

you can cut out 2" front and back of the rear wheel well... although my rear axle wasnt centered.. so I put the wacker up against the rear of the well and cut 4" off the front :haha:

the front is where it sucks.... you can cut 1" in front and back of well.... that is what I did and I rub like a mofo.... took the fronts off so I can cut out more... gonna end up hacking the flare so it isnt a n anymore but more like a - ... so just the top will be there.. hopefully inspection dont give me a hard time... :doah:

oh yeah...

6" front leafs - 40" hawgs on 16.5x12 rims = 38.8" tall
    http://www.supermotors.org/mygarage/vehicles/content.php?id=8011&sID=24448

Front
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Rear
    notice the rear axle too far forward

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

6. ratzila

ratzila 1/2 ton status

When I was running 39.5 tsl's on my burb I had 8" suspension 3" body lift, & bushwacker cut out flares. The tires still would rub offroad. The tires bashed in the front fender well :mad: The buswacker cutouts are pos. They are only for mall cruisers. They do not hold up offroading.I took mine off after they split and will now :hack: the fenders