CK5 Network
Repairing, restoring or modifying your ride just got a whole lot easier!

Hyde. clutch rebuild kit?

dyeager535

1 ton status
Premium Member
Solutions
Reaction score
Anyone know someone that carries them? Let the neighbor check the clutch pedal feel on my truck. It was pretty stiff, since the slave cylinder was fully extended and it was just hanging from the truck.

Word of advice, don't push on the clutch pedal with the slave cylinder bled and unbolted from the bellhousing. /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Anyways, he broke the pushrod on it (snapped in half pretty easily lol) and I have a spare. I noticed this "new" aftermarket piece that broke was leaking into the cab anyways, so I figure I'll take one of the used GM pieces I have lying around, and rebuild the one I have. IF I can find someplace that carries a rebuild kit.

No luck at napaonline.com.

m j

1/2 ton status
Reaction score
OEM is Girling unit
the Raybestos replacement junk is aluminum and I am uncertain if their kit will fit the OEM Girling

m j

1/2 ton status
Reaction score
well it is from memory of the OEM literature when I bought my OEM parts twice now
it stuck as I thought it was very odd as well

dyeager535

1 ton status
Premium Member
Solutions
Reaction score
Well, gmpartsdirect doesn't list or stock the OEM rebuild kit or master cylinder, based on the numbers in my parts manual.

Found some reference to girling stuff online, but can't tell (quickly) where they are even located. Probably share common bore diameter with other products, but doesn't seem to be much in the way of Girling info online.

m j

1/2 ton status
Reaction score
GM PART # 15615868
CATEGORY: Clutch Slave Cylinder/Actuator
PACK QTY: 1 CORE CHARGE: $0.00
GM LIST: $112.89
OUR PRICE: $64.35

GM PART # 15615867
CATEGORY: All
PACK QTY: 1 CORE CHARGE: $0.00
GM LIST: $115.74
OUR PRICE: $65.97

dyeager535

1 ton status
Premium Member
Solutions
Reaction score
Well, definitely different numbers than the ones in my manual. Probably just changed the part number.

Whats what in your list? Not a bad price if the first one is the whole cylinder, but pretty expensive if either of those is just a rebuild kit!

m j

1/2 ton status
Reaction score
those are the cylinders pricing quoted from gmpartsdirect to show you the new part numbers
if you get rebuild kits let me know the part numbers and pricing
I need/want them as well
if you find a deal where buying 1/2 dozen gets a deal I will go in on it

Top Bottom