CK5 Network
Become a member of the largest online community for Chevy K5 Blazer, Suburban and C/K series truck owners!

Interco Mega

nvrenuf

I grind my welds.
Premium Member
GMOTM Winner
Reaction score
I saw that, just crazy! I'd love to see the 17x40's on a 12" wheel. :drool: Sadly, they are all soft compound - no DOT tires. You know someone will put a set on the pavement, with 2" deep tread I bet they'd feel crazy wobbly. :zombie18:

HankScorpio

Customize everything
Premium Member
Reaction score
Mickey Thompson recently released the Baja Pro X in a sticky non DOT. There have been on a lot of sponsored rigs on youtube and at shows/events running them. I would guess that Interco wanted to give them some competition. Those videos show them driving down the roads too. Cops don't know what to look for yet and the manufacturers just want to sell more tires. My DOT tires will chuck a pretty big rock out on the highway, I can only imagine what either brand will toss through an unsuspecting windshield.
bajapro.png

Last edited:

Blue85

Yooper
Premium Member
GMOTM Winner
Reaction score
I'd love to see the 17x40's on a 12" wheel. :drool: Sadly, they are all soft compound - no DOT tires.
The Interco site lists the 40's as DOT approved. That 1.75" tread depth is more than double what a standard TSL has. Even competition Bogger is only 30/32.

That 50" tire weighs 240 lbs, so load the spare with a forklift.

I also see they have a TSL SX Radial now, but only 36x12.50R17 so far.

nvrenuf

I grind my welds.
Premium Member
GMOTM Winner
Reaction score
The Interco site lists the 40's as DOT approved. That 1.75" tread depth is more than double what a standard TSL has. Even competition Bogger is only 30/32.

Interesting, I hadn't looked at their site. I saw the non DOT statement in a reply by Interco on their own FB post. :dunno:

Edit: my 43's are around 150-160 lbs with an aluminum wheel, I imagine 240 lbs + wheel. :yikes:

SpeedlabDan

Keepin it trashy never classy
Premium Member
GMOTM Winner
Reaction score

The ssr line is currently the only option I have to run on my 16x6 steel wheel. The SSR-41R is a radial that measures 35x10.5 which may be the only radial in that size on the market.

Blue85

Yooper
Premium Member
GMOTM Winner
Reaction score
I just wonder if any of these new offerings are round.

SpeedlabDan

Keepin it trashy never classy
Premium Member
GMOTM Winner
Reaction score
You know, that's my biggest worry. I have yet to find a review or real world account of experience with these as far as road worthiness. Granted my unbalanced 38.5 bias boggers aren't unbearable but the point of changing to a radial is to improve my ride and towing

imiceman44

Hoarder extraordinaire
Premium Member
Reaction score
The ssr line is currently the only option I have to run on my 16x6 steel wheel. The SSR-41R is a radial that measures 35x10.5 which may be the only radial in that size on the market.
That might be the way I go for my crew cab.
Just need to see if I go dually rear or single.
I want to have 35" tires but didn't want the 12.5" wide

imiceman44

Hoarder extraordinaire
Premium Member
Reaction score
I had the ssr in 33" on my suburban and they are pretty good, smooth ride, not to loud and good manners on the curve.
I would use them again.
The only issue is the price.
$335 for a 35" tire

Top Bottom