Jegs dynomax dual kits Q

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by K5Kell, Apr 20, 2004.

1. K5Kell

K5Kell Guest

Allright I have a question that would help get the blazer back on the road:
    1.) Jegs makes an exhaust kit for '87 blazers that have headers, which I cant afford(headers):(. They only have manifold kits for 73-87 Chevy PU 4WD 1/2, 3/4-Ton as part #289-89003. My question is if anyone knows if this will fit on the blazer? thanks for any info or advice.
    -Kell-

2. BlazerGuy

BlazerGuy 3/4 ton status

It probably will, you will have to just cut it down to the proper length though. Try calling Jegs and see what they say...

3. Wicked Wolf Auto

Wicked Wolf Auto 1/2 ton status Premium Member

Build(s):
    I'm not completly sure but when I went to order mine they were out of stock so I ordered the dual Hooker kit and it bolted right up perfect. I think it was a little more money like $130 shipped but it was thicker guage than the dynomax kit.

4. K5Kell

K5Kell Guest

Dual hooker kit? I just checked Jegs and didn't see it, are you running a blazer or what? thanks for the input, every suggestion is a step closer to getting it done.
    -Kell-

5. K5Kell

K5Kell Guest

scratch that last one, just found what you were talking about at summit. Are these kits tucked far enough away that they wont be easily ripped off?
    -Kell-

6. 84_Chevy_K10

84_Chevy_K10 Banned

Yes, they are. I've got them on two trucks. I don't have a K5 though so I can't comment on whether or not they'll fit a K5, although I don't see why not.

I have the header kit on my K10 and the manifold kit on my C30.

7. K5Kell

K5Kell Guest

It said it would fit on a 73-'91 blazer so sounds like i'm good to go, thanks for the help and info.
    -Kell-

8. MOABDADC22

MOABDADC22 1/2 ton status

Do you happen to have the part #'s??

9. K5Chris

K5Chris 1/2 ton status

here's my Dynomax dual kit..... mufflers were replaced with flowmaster 40's.... and, i have since then, added 2 Magnaflow cats. it does stay tucked up in the frame real nicely..... and, it sounds awesome! /forums/images/graemlins/peace.gif

i run the big 454 oil filter.... and it has about an 1/8th of an inch clearance between the filter and the header... it's real tight.... they headers are also very close to the spring shackles.

[​IMG]

10. beater_k20

beater_k20 Banned

[ QUOTE ]
    i run the big 454 oil filter.... and it has about an 1/8th of an inch clearance between the filter and the header... it's real tight.... they headers are also very close to the spring shackles.

[/ QUOTE ]

you my friend are a brave man.

i've got the Hooker header kit on my 86 right now. anybody know if a 2wd setup will fit a 4wd?

11. Wicked Wolf Auto

Wicked Wolf Auto 1/2 ton status Premium Member

Build(s):
    I got it from summit! Its on a 78 K5 with no cats and tucks up nicely! /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif