CK5 Network
Become a member of the largest online community for Chevy K5 Blazer, Suburban and C/K series truck owners!

K5 wing window

Richard Lambach

Registered Member
Reaction score
Sure, basically you remove the wing window on old square body Chevy blazers and trucks. It gets replace with new channels and a new piece of glass along with the rubber that's needed for the install complete. Check it out online. Is there anyone that has done this conversion that could give me a little more info about it?

6872xtc

make mine modified
Premium Member
GMOTM Winner
Reaction score
Sure, basically you remove the wing window on old square body Chevy blazers and trucks. It gets replace with new channels and a new piece of glass along with the rubber that's needed for the install complete. Check it out online. Is there anyone that has done this conversion that could give me a little more info about it?
So you are referring to a one piece door window conversion, correct?
I haven't installed one of those, but I know that I have found a brace between the outer door skin and the inner panel, at the door mirror on lots of doors. That would have to come out for a one piece side window. That may be a consideration unless you have small sport mirrors.

Richard Lambach

Registered Member
Reaction score
Well if you consider the cost of rebuilding each door with new rubber,channel inserts, and in my case both wing windows need attention the cost is about the same,heck it cost 300 dollars just to freshen up the rear window.Plus consider you are also getting new glass. Any way I think it's a cool idea. After all I'm not building a show truck.thanks,

Richard Lambach

Registered Member
Reaction score
If you need fresh air turn on your vent fan.But really does any one have experience with this conversion??

paratrooper307

1/2 ton status
Premium Member
Reaction score
Like anything aftermarket, I imagine you have to work with it a bit to get it to fit and operate properly. I haven't actually dealt with one so I can't be of more help.

Top Bottom