CK5 Network
Repairing, restoring or modifying your ride just got a whole lot easier!

king pin slop

highrider_44s

1/2 ton status
Reaction score
the king pin on my d60 moves up and down only. it seems tight everother direction. does it need to be shimmed under the spring /forums/images/graemlins/dunno.gif or does it need a complet rebuild I know there prone to ware. i put the crossover steering in and moved the cap from the otherside over could this be the problem. /forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif

mudhog

THEGAME
Reaction score
put a new plastic bushing and spring in it thats what fixed mine /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

mudhog

THEGAME
Reaction score
[ QUOTE ]
You can get just the new nylon cones

[/ QUOTE ]
cones thats a better word for them then bushings lol /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

84_Chevy_K10

Banned
Reaction score
[ QUOTE ]
does the bottom bearings fail often with 40"s

[/ QUOTE ]

Everything fails often with 40s. /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

Remember, NO pickup truck axle was designed for those size tires from the factory. EVERYTHING wears faster with big tires.

az-k5

1/2 ton status
Reaction score
I had the same problem. I replaced everything last weekend (while you are there might as well -> thanx harley) My passenger side poly cone came out in 2 pieces, the springs were a little shorter than the new ones. I am not so sure the bearings and races needed to be done but I figure the vertical movement is hell on the race (probably warps the bearing cage also). The botoms don't fail as often but they do fail. I got mine from 4wdfactory real nice guy (answered the phone on a sunday and took my order just cause he was there).

Top Bottom