Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE Membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Last rear seat seatbelt question, I promise

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by 73k5blazer, Apr 7, 2004.

1. 73k5blazer

73k5blazer Unplug the matrix cable from the back of your head Premium Member

Build(s):
    So in the K5's with Factory rear shoulder belts, does the rear foldable seat have fixed lenght sections that those should belts would click into, or retractable length sections?
    I ask because the seat I have, out an '89, didn't come from a shoulder belt equipped truck and the outboard belts on the seat retract (to plug into fixed length seciond bolted to the floor). The problem with this is if I put shoulder belts in, the retractor in the seat has to go because it doesn't start to lock up until it's pulled out about 12".

2. Ruthven13

Ruthven13 1/2 ton status

Just looked at my truck for ya... The shoulder belt comes out of the retractor on the top and gets bolted to the outside of the back seat. I don't have any pics... Lemme know if that makes sense to you... If all else fails, then /forums/images/graemlins/weld.gif

3. 73k5blazer

73k5blazer Unplug the matrix cable from the back of your head Premium Member

Build(s):
    Got it...thanks...