Phase I of my restore project was to remove the old 4" lift (been on since 89) that rode like radio wagon and replace with a TC 6" EZ Ride with nitro shocks. Easy enough, right? directions say 5 to 7 hours. Factor in reality fudge factor, I say 9 hours. Knowing there was the distinct possibility I wouldn't finish before the end of the day, I started at the rear rather than the front as the directions would have you. That way, the K5 may end up with a bit of a rake until i can finish up with front end. Thank god I thought ahead... Drivers side rear spring came off without too much difficulty. I have for the last 2 weeks been planning this and liberally spraying all the affected bolts with WD40 every few days. Installation was a bit of a chore wrestling the spring into place and trying to flex the shackle so we could bolt up the hanger. 52" springs that measure 50" out of the box require some muscle in both arm and brain. we used the hanger and a jack to flex the spring for us to slide into place. we also used a jack to compress the shock and while it was extending, speared it with the bolt through the shock mount. things are just going swimmingly. Passenger side spring... that's a different matter entirely. Somehow, somewhere and at some point the centermost bushing of the hanger became fused to the bolt. Because of that, the bolt would NOT budge. After much swearing, torqueing, banging, kicking and whatnot, I finally cut the spring off with my cutoff wheel. (god i wish i had a torch). Then, I had to cut the eye in half so it would fall apart, exposing the bolt & bushing. Then I had to cut the bolt in half and beat it senseless until it fell out of the hanger. Total time spent removing 1 bolt: about 4.5 hours. after that, the rest went on just fine. Measurements confirm an extra 2.5" lift in the rear. Took it for a spin and the rear rides real nice. Plus the elevated rear makes it look like its going faster too.. Can't wait to see what the front end has in store for me. Anyway, just thought i'd share my experience. Needless to say, greasable fittings = good.