CK5 Network
Repairing, restoring or modifying your ride just got a whole lot easier!

Lift Kit Question

84mudmachine

1/2 ton status
Reaction score
I have been looking a some lift kits, and noticed that a lot of them use blocks on the rear end. Why can't blocks be used on the front instead of springs? /forums/images/graemlins/thinking.gif

K30CJ

1/2 ton status
Reaction score
They aren't safe up front. It is possible for them to pop out. /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif Besides, new front springs should improve your ride. Always have for me.

pauly383

Daddy383
Reaction score
Its because you have a better chance of spitting them out on a steer axle. No one in their right mind would reccomend it. Your life is too important, and I am sure everone would agree with me /forums/images/graemlins/deal.gif

B

bnc04

I'm no expert but I would think that the lateral pressure that the front end receives when turning etc would cause the block to pop out and or the spring to flop off the side.
The front end receives more directional force on its components than the rear which kinda follows the front along it's merry way /forums/images/graemlins/dunno.gif

Z3PR

Banned
Reaction score
Personally I think blocks blow goat balls. They are unsafe for the front, so unsafe that some in states they are illeagle. I don't even like them on the rear. I would much reather use a Shackle flip like ORD's or springs, or even a combo of the two. /forums/images/graemlins/deal.gif

BlazerGuy

3/4 ton status
Reaction score
They will spit out at some point if installed in the front, this is obviously not a good thing, especially at higher speeds. They're not that great in the rear either since they promote wheel hop(which isn't a good thing /forums/images/graemlins/wink.gif).

87BrnRsd

1/2 ton status
Reaction score
Blocks? Blocks? Did someone say they wanted to use blocks? This isnt legos. If your going to do a lift of any kind, do it right the first time and go with either a full spring lift, or a shackle flip or something along those lines. You will be much happier with the flex and ride.
-Harrison

Top Bottom