CK5 Network
Repairing, restoring or modifying your ride just got a whole lot easier!

lift

b laub

Registered Member
Reaction score
if i was to put an 8 inch lift on my truck would i have to extend the drive shafts i know i have to extend brake lines and fix steering also what about a 6 inch lift would i have to extend the drive shafts then??

83 3/4 pickup 454

gravdigr

1/2 ton status
Reaction score
4" is about all you'll get away with before needing longer driveshafts. I have a 4" lift plus 1" zero rates and I am on the hairy edge of my driveshafts coming apart.

4xcrazy

3/4 ton status
Reaction score
I just talked with a guy out at the the lake the other weekend who had a Burb, now i don't know about the Blazer, but his had a 6" lift and 35's and he did nothing to the driveshafts. Not sure how the Blazers would deal with it though. /forums/images/graemlins/dunno.gif

CHEVY 4WD

1/2 ton status
Reaction score
6in you can PROBABLY mabe get away with stock shafts but its not always a good thing to extend you slip yokes out...

4xcrazy

3/4 ton status
Reaction score
I agree, thats why i was going to go ahead and have them extended when i dump the 4" and install a 6" vehicular height adjustment components. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

rjfguitar

3/4 ton status
GMOTM Winner
Reaction score
I got away with 7" of lift and my stocker for a LONG time but knowing how far that slip yoke is pulled out gets to you and you will eventually break down and have some shafts built..

Top Bottom