CK5 Network
Repairing, restoring or modifying your ride just got a whole lot easier!

Lost defrost vent flow

scoutillac

1/2 ton status
Reaction score
I have virtually no air flow through my defrost vents. All the other vents blow like hell. Has anyone else had this problem? How do you fix it? /forums/images/graemlins/1zhelp.gif

tRustyK5

Big meanie
Staff member
Super Moderator
GMOTM Winner
Author
Reaction score
Check the blend door actuator rod and especially the small plastic clip that joins the rod to the blend door. Most likely that plastic bit is broken...and the blend door won't close enough to give good defrost flow.

Rene

daleearnhardt01

1/2 ton status
Reaction score
Okay if you look down at where the heater lets all the air out on the trans hump the blend door is to the right a bit in the black boxes. You have to take most of ducting out to be able to get to it. Its not bad and the part (if broken) is frickin 94 cent at the dealer. I had the same problem as you. Now I have great defrost and heat. /forums/images/graemlins/woot.gif /forums/images/graemlins/woot.gif /forums/images/graemlins/waytogo.gif /forums/images/graemlins/waytogo.gif /forums/images/graemlins/waytogo.gif

scoutillac

1/2 ton status
Reaction score
I was trying to get in that area without disassembling it all. I guess I have to get a little dirty rotten with it. There are all kinds of vacuum lookin things under the dash too.

tRustyK5

Big meanie
Staff member
Super Moderator
GMOTM Winner
Author
Reaction score
Sometimes it's as simple as a vacuum hose that came off. It is a bit nasty to track down the problems, hard to get at, hard to see etc etc. I much prefer the non AC heater controls and stuff...no vacuum involved and much simpler. The AC stuff used to give me fits and would regularly need my attention.

Rene

scoutillac

1/2 ton status
Reaction score
After looking at my condensor lines today I may canx the AC crap. One of the lines was just hanging there because of the bracket. Thatnks for you help.

Can Can

Pusher Man
Reaction score
I dealt with this issue a few years back. Click on the link for a little more detail on the repair.....

Click HERE

Hope this helps, brother!!! /forums/images/graemlins/waytogo.gif

Top Bottom