CK5 Network
Repairing, restoring or modifying your ride just got a whole lot easier!

Loud or Not Loud

bigburban383

1/2 ton status
Reaction score
Just got my exhaust done yesterday at Midas. They put on these two cheapo mufflers for dual exhaust w/ I believe 2.5 tube, my truck is so quiet, like it sounds like a stock V-10 exhaust like my dads excursion. Well, when it idles it sounds like I have subwoofers cause its really bassey. Do you guys think its stupid to a grandma exhaust on a built engine? I mean I guess its nice for cruising on the highway and anti-cop, but im so use to goosing it to get peoples attention like hotties on the side of the road.

mud390

1/2 ton status
Reaction score
Loud is good, so long as it doesn't sound ragged out. I hate the sound of a truck when someone is getting on it and they are barely even moving, but you know they are trying like mad to haul ass. If you've got a healthy motor, a nice, deep, throaty rumble definitely sounds good!

Kris

tecton

1/2 ton status
Reaction score
[ QUOTE ]
you know they are trying like mad to haul ass

[/ QUOTE ]
/forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif

i got cats and new header gaskets put on my duals w/ glasspacks

before it was super raspy, but now its all basey...i like it better, doesnt sound as cheap, better not, 200$ cats.

but my trucks seems to run better with a little backpressure anyways, so im not complaining

bigburban383

1/2 ton status
Reaction score
[ QUOTE ]
I did the Flowmaster 40 series dual exhaust. Sounds awesome!!

/forums/images/graemlins/peace.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, thats what i'm planning for the summer, I just don't got the loot /forums/images/graemlins/dunno.gif

bryguy00b

3/4 ton status
Reaction score
yea but how much did it cost u to have ur pipes bent up and put in and all? im in need of a system bad, urs got any leaks?

rjfguitar

3/4 ton status
GMOTM Winner
Reaction score
Dual 40 series flowmasters + hooker headers + built motor + plus 5" tips to make it deeper = very loud and aggressive. /forums/images/graemlins/peace.gif I might go 1 chamber flows one day...

BlazerGuy

3/4 ton status
Reaction score
Nah, the quieter the better. Easier to hear people on the trail, not as tiring on the highway....quiet is good... /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

rjfguitar

3/4 ton status
GMOTM Winner
Reaction score
[ QUOTE ]
Nah, the quieter the better. Easier to hear people on the trail, not as tiring on the highway....quiet is good... /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

[/ QUOTE ] Overdrive and 4.10 gears shuts mine up really well at 65mph. /forums/images/graemlins/waytogo.gif

Can Can

Pusher Man
Reaction score
I agree. I'm running Dynomax Super Turbos behind 2.5" true duals coming out of the factory manifolds. They give off a nice throaty roar when you step on it, but are relatively mild while cruising down the highway in OD.

There's nothing worse than sitting in a loud truck on a long road trip, and keep in mind that K5s have a tendancy to let a lot of sound in through the floor, even with insulation and carpet.

Sooooooo.....another vote for quieter over louder. /forums/images/graemlins/waytogo.gif

BlazerGuy

3/4 ton status
Reaction score
Well, when you've run just cats(no muffs) for 2 years, you learn some things.... /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

rjfguitar

3/4 ton status
GMOTM Winner
Reaction score
[ QUOTE ]
Well, when you've run just cats(no muffs) for 2 years, you learn some things.... /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

[/ QUOTE ]
I did that for about a week thinking it would sound cool...sounded terrible. /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif

bigburban383

1/2 ton status
Reaction score
Yes the truck is very cruisable now. I don't have to blast the music to hear over the exhaust. I was thinking about those exhaust cutouts so you can get it all or nothing.

sum-g4820.jpg

MudFrog

1/2 ton status
Reaction score
Quiet can be good, just make sure the mufflers they installed aren't hurting your performance by being too restrictive.

rjfguitar

3/4 ton status
GMOTM Winner
Reaction score
Too quiet is bad in my opinion...I hated it when I couldn't here my motor. Most of our trucks aren't equipped with tachs(mine anyway) and I use the 2 tachs on both sides of my head. /forums/images/graemlins/waytogo.gif

BlazerGuy

3/4 ton status
Reaction score
Don't get Warlock muffs, they suck donkey dick.... /forums/images/graemlins/deal.gif

Top Bottom