Ls swap wiring question

Discussion in 'The Engine Bay' started by Gentleman Jimmy, Mar 2, 2020.

1. Gentleman Jimmy

Gentleman Jimmy Registered Member Premium Member

Going to be tackling the wiring when I get back in a couple of weeks. Been trying to weed through the search results but not finding what I’m looking for.
    I am using a stand alone harness for my LS2 and am confident in merging that into my bulkhead on the drivers side, but I am unsure about the existing tbi ecm and harness coming out on the pass side. Can I delete that ecm and harness all together? I have cut off most of the tbi specific plugs coming from that harness and have narrowed that harness down to a few remaining wires which I don’t believe I will need. I would love to pull that old ecm and harness out all together and run my harness through that hole to mount my ls ecm inside. Anyone shed some light on this with what they’ve done. Thanks

2830E03B-1AE5-48F0-BCF5-F7EAAEAF08E8.jpeg

0EBDC52E-5A92-44A3-B634-CD109A2C7CE7.jpeg

13B0413D-220D-408C-AA94-DA9B8CB5692D.jpeg

2. imiceman44

imiceman44 Hoarder extraordinaire Premium Member

Build(s):
    You don't need the ecm.
    You don't need the harness to it either.
    All you need is the power wires and the gauges.

3. Gentleman Jimmy

Gentleman Jimmy Registered Member Premium Member

Perfect thank you!

4. 6872xtc

6872xtc make mine modified Premium Member GMOTM Winner

Build(s):
    When I removed the TBI system from my '90 Jimmy, I found a ground wire for my electric speedometer in that harness. You obviously won't have that problem. But I believe that I found a wire for the alternator exciter there too. I don't remember exactly, I am just saying that you should make sure that your alternator works properly and if the charge light stays on in the cluster, then look into it with this in mind. If all is good, then my memory is wrong.