Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE Membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

LT1 intake on a 91?

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by garlicbreath, Apr 24, 2005.

1. garlicbreath

garlicbreath 1/2 ton status

Hey, does anyone know if the intake setup from an LT1, like the caprice cop cars will bolt onto a 91 motor? I am looking into injecting my blazer, but the TPI setups are still pricey.

2. Russell

Russell LB7 Tahoe Status Premium Member GMOTM Winner

Build(s):
    Yes, it can be done, and is actually an extremely good intake to replace the stock TPI intake.

You can find more information about what kinds of machining / changes need to be made to bolt the intake on at this website:

www.lt1intake.com

3. sled_dog

sled_dog 1 ton status

actually its not a great replacement for us. I wanted to do it but its pointless on a truck. The LT1 is great for Camaros and Firebirds. It is good for a large camshaft with high RPM power. For torque the TPI intake is far better.

http://www.popularhotrodding.com/enginemasters/articles/hardcore/0803phr_beast/

Oh and both the links that are posted are just replacing a TPI intake with an LT1 intake. I'm in the market for a TPI setup, they don't seem to run much more than $500. Not much when you compare to aftermarket.

4. garlicbreath

One of the reasons I am considering the LT1 also is I have sportsman II heads, headers, 10-1 compression, and zz4 cam. If I understand right a stock TPI setup would choke my motor.

5. garlicbreath

Well, apparently the LT1 intake doesn't work with sportman heads! Thanks though.

6. camarossguy2

camarossguy2 1/2 ton status

Also, the lt1 intake do not have a distributor hole in the back...you would need LTCC LS1 coil packs, or an opti-spark conversion