Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE Membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

met a cool guy today at work

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by NEK5, Jun 30, 2006.

1. NEK5

NEK5 3/4 ton status

not sure if this is meant for the garage or not

today at work i was just standing there at the customer service desk, and there was a guy that had a tattoo of a tire thread, so i said to my coworker look at that, and he said i should get it, and the guy said it was a superswamper, and then we started talkn, i guess he`s a member of MASS MUDDERS, and they going to PA next week??...and we started talkin about our trucks, and he told me where i could find a cap for my truck that was in the back yard of where he used to live, he shortened it and stuff to make it a little bed in the back, took like 3 feet out of it then re fiberglassed it, told me i could take it if it was there, and i told him about my little adventure and what i did to my truck,then he told me not to go 3/4 if i were gonna upgrade, he said he broke 15 axle shafts on his 3/4 ton, and he said if i did that the axle shafts in the 1/2 ton fit? and that the 14sf had bigger axle shafts than the 14ff, but it had a c clip?

i told him i would post up here for him, he`s looking for a frame for a scout 72-80, anyone have a lead on one let me know and i`ll give him a call

2. redneckdude

redneckdude 1/2 ton status

its the same axle between 1/2 and 3/4 ton up front, just different outers. Not sure on the 14sf, but i don't think the shafts are bigger than 14ff shafts...

3. tRustyK5

tRustyK5 Big meanie Staff Member Super Moderator GMOTM Winner Author

Build(s):
    14 SF shafts are considerably smaller the FF shafts (1.31" vs. 1.5") but have 33 spline instead of the 30 splines found on the FF. no comparison strength wise, and a FF is so much tougher than a SF too.

3/4 ton fronts do use the same shafts and stubs that you currently have...

Rene

4. neverendingproject

neverendingproject 1/2 ton status

Just different hubs and brakes on the 3/4 front