Moab camp sites

Discussion in 'Blazer Bash' started by Russell, Jan 2, 2019.

1. Russell

Russell LLY Escalade Status Premium Member GMOTM Winner

Build(s):
    Hey guys,

My wife and I are planning on doing a Moab trip April 28-May 4th this coming spring. Unfortunately, this is the same week of the Bronco Safari and they've booked things up pretty much solid already. Can anyone think of a place where I could camp in a tent, plus securely store my tow rig and trailer for the week while I drive the caddy?

I'm open to booking a house, camp ground site or even random camping and leaving my stuff in a storage lot for the week?

My ideal place to stay would be in the Moab Rim campground, but the Bronco group has booked the entire facility for the week. I've sent a message to the Bronco Safari event organizers on FB to see if they would consider letting me camp there that week anyways (I do have a Ford front axle, afterall!) but I am not super hopeful.

2. Blazooki

Blazooki Five-O Premium Member GMOTM Winner

Build(s):
    Russell , try Air B&B just punch in the dates and Moab..look for a place that has parking

https://www.airbnb.com

3. Abusfullofnuns

Abusfullofnuns 1/2 ton status Premium Member

Build(s):
    Same thing with vrbo.com

stump_puller likes this.
  4. TuckerK5

TuckerK5 Wheels down, cab up! Premium Member GMOTM Winner

The Fairfield has rooms and plenty of parking. Rates are high but probably not higher than a house.

5. Russell

Russell LLY Escalade Status Premium Member GMOTM Winner

Build(s):
    I found two other places that could potentially work, but I'm a bit concerned about leaving my stuff there with the non-wheelers of the world haha!

I contacted the Bronco Safari organizers, and they seemed to figure that an Escalade with a Ford D60 qualified for their event. I'm going to register with them so I can get a camp site at Moab Rim lol! The organizer told me that I need to go on at least one run with the Broncos so they can all laugh at me (or will it be the other way around?!)

6. miniwally

miniwally 1/2 ton status Premium Member

You should also get in touch with Dave Hellman at Extreme 4x4 tours. He's a great guy and a fellow chevy dude. Heck if you want a fun time and don't feel like driving take his Hells Revenge tour. I had a blast on it last year with my Cub Scouts.

fastazz81 and 4door99 like this.
  7. r3dd0g

r3dd0g 1/2 ton status Premium Member

Build(s):
    He also likes it when you follow along and give his customers a good show! I did that a couple times last year while we were waiting for other people to show up.