CK5 Network
Repairing, restoring or modifying your ride just got a whole lot easier!

More flex pics. Critique and comments welcome

BranndonC

3/4 ton status
Reaction score
ok so it looks like my rear shocks are fully compressed, or near there, i have many pics. Let me know what else could be limiting it.
Specs: 4 inch tuff country front
ORD flip rear stock springs and Tuff Country SX8000 Nitro Gas Shocks one at each end. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif
PICS HERE Clicky
DSC07993%20(Medium).jpg

DSC07990%20(Medium).jpg
DSC07994%20(Medium).jpg

yunit

1/2 ton status
Reaction score
I would defintely upgrade the shock setup before you hit a good trail and crack the frame from a shock bottoming out while dropping off of a good sized rock.

camok5

1/2 ton status
Premium Member
Reaction score
Those wheels look sweet, I hope the hold air better then the last set from usa 6x6. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif. It is time to move the shocks inboard in the rear and get the ford shock towers in the front. /forums/images/graemlins/hack.gif

BranndonC

3/4 ton status
Reaction score
[ QUOTE ]
Those wheels look sweet, I hope the hold air better then the last set from usa 6x6. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif. It is time to move the shocks inboard in the rear and get the ford shock towers in the front. /forums/images/graemlins/hack.gif

[/ QUOTE ]
lets do it /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/hack.gif /forums/images/graemlins/grind.gif /forums/images/graemlins/weld.gif /forums/images/graemlins/peace.gif

camok5

1/2 ton status
Premium Member
Reaction score
If it works good on yours then we can do it to mine... /forums/images/graemlins/woot.gif

84gmcjimmy

1 ton status
Reaction score
[ QUOTE ]
Are all those red things shotgun shells?

[/ QUOTE ]

Looks like it /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif Someone when shooting crazy.

Looks like you should get Longer travelling shocks /forums/images/graemlins/dunno.gif

camok5

1/2 ton status
Premium Member
Reaction score
Yeah they are shotgun shells, its are local area to go shooting and wheeling.

84gmcjimmy

1 ton status
Reaction score
[ QUOTE ]
Yeah they are shotgun shells, its are local area to go shooting and wheeling.

[/ QUOTE ]

oooh, I bet by the number of shells, theres not alot of wildlife around eh /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif

BranndonC

3/4 ton status
Reaction score
i dont shoot, there is literaly about 1/4 square mile of all that crap, tons and tons of shells, washing machines, etc etc... looks like a dump /forums/images/graemlins/rolleyes.gif

Resurrection_Joe

1 ton status
Reaction score
No offense meant at all, but if you get a bunch of off road guys together and clean the place up, nothing bad can happen, and you can post up a big sign saying you own it (not literally) and kick ass to those who cant comply

I'd hate to get a swamper shredded by trash, so the last time I went wheeling in that sort of area I picked up a couple hunks ofd scrap

BranndonC

3/4 ton status
Reaction score
none taken, the rolley eyes were for all the trash not you /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif i just thought it looked terrible

84_Chevy_K10

Banned
Reaction score
I would get crossover steering before you even consider trying to get any additional suspension travel. The more flex you have, the more difficult it will become to steer as your suspension moves with front to back steering.

Having never run front to back steering on a dana 60 so I don't know exactly how bad it is, but I'm certainly glad that I didn't try it.

BranndonC

3/4 ton status
Reaction score
didnt you get the SKY kit? hows it workin for ya? what parts did you need that they didnt sell?

84_Chevy_K10

Banned
Reaction score
[ QUOTE ]
didnt you get the SKY kit? hows it workin for ya? what parts did you need that they didnt sell?

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes I have the Sky kit, it was $320 to the door and all I needed that was not included was a 2wd steering box.

Top Bottom