Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE Membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

More or le$$

Discussion in '1969-1972 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by 3 on the tree, Mar 28, 2007.

1. 3 on the tree

3 on the tree 1/2 ton status

After beating around in my 70 for a couple of years, its time for a change. What do you guys think?? Does the 250/3 speed make it worth more or less?I have not been able to find any production numbers for how many of this drivetrain combo were made in 70, but I have yet to hear of another still intact.:confused:

2. BobK

BobK 1/2 ton status Premium Member

Won't hurt it.

Most who are looking for our vintage trucks want the body style,not so much the eng. combo.

3. suspectdon

suspectdon 1/2 ton status

I agree I was thinking that it would be nice to have a 6-cyl for a daily driver.

Do you have pictures of the blazer and of the engine bay??

I really think the only thing that could change the value of the truck would be rust and how original it is.

Richard

4. vtblazer

vtblazer 1/2 ton status GMOTM Winner

Build(s):
    So are you thinking about resale value as in, your going to sell it?
    Or you thinking about changing the drive train?

Guess I'm not exactly sure where your going here...:o

5. Yukon Jack

Yukon Jack 1/2 ton status

What engine it had in it wouldn't matter too much to me - what is important is how much rust there is. I can handle engine swaps and other mechanical issues pretty well, but I haven't personnaly done rust repairs yet. There are lots that like the 6 cylinders, but I personally hate the 3 on the trees. My 69 was three on the tree and although I know how to drive them just fine, the shifter linkage was always giving me fits.

6. 3 on the tree

3 on the tree 1/2 ton status

Yep, that 3 speed on the column is its own anti-theft device.:doah:

The only rust on mine is the flanges for the weatherstrip/sill plate. They are gone. This truck has been in southern Colorado its entire life.

Yes, I am seriously thinking about selling it. I want to go wheeling, but don't want to tear this old beast up. That means finding someone else to tear ity up, I guess.

Don't get mad guys, but I scored a 78 Bronco that I am gonna fix up for wheelin. HP D44, solid front axle, 400/C6/205. Got it cheap, so I have some cash to throw at this project. I STILL love my old Blazer, but I can't afford 2 toys.

7. GotLabs

GotLabs 1/2 ton status GMOTM Winner

Just DD it, at least until I get money together.

Check around on the classic truck sites and I bet you could easily get what you ask for it.