CK5 Network
Repairing, restoring or modifying your ride just got a whole lot easier!

Most gratuituous use of a GMC in da movies

dremu

Officious Thread Derailer
GMOTM Winner
Reaction score
Well, I made careful notes during Jet Li's "The One" on their use of Suburbans (the "Preisdent Al Gore" future used 89-90 3/4ton 2WD /forums/images/graemlins/burb.gif s, and the "President Bush" future had '92+) ... and many people remember the '75 /forums/images/graemlins/k5.gif used in Schwarzie's "Commando."

But I think the most gratituous use of our trucks has got to be Lethal Weapon 2, when Mel Gibson uses a 90-91ish GMC (C/K body style but the R/V grille) extended cab duallie to pull a house off its foundation (house on a hill, built on stilts.)

Can't help it, ya know, guns and blowing [darn] up is just my kinda thing. Include a Chebby truck and maybe a pretty girl, and I'm set. /forums/images/graemlins/peace.gif

84gmcjimmy

1 ton status
Reaction score
Re: Most gratuituous use of a 73-91 in movies

I can't remember what movie but I seen a movie actor driving a 2nd gen blazer and ended up rolling it /forums/images/graemlins/mad.gif

Those darn movie people!

pauly383

Daddy383
Reaction score
Re: Most gratuituous use of a 73-91 in movies

What about that Van Damm movie where he escapes in one, can't remember the name. He beat on on it hard and did a couple slight bouncy jumps. Not the army movie where he was drugged up to be super and pushed one. I am thinking of an older movie he did like in 87 or 88 /forums/images/graemlins/k5.gif

mudhog

THEGAME
Reaction score
Re: Most gratuitous use of a 73-91 in movies

[ QUOTE ]
What about that Van Damm movie where he escapes in one, can't remember the name. He beat on on it hard and did a couple slight bouncy jumps. Not the army movie where he was drugged up to be super and pushed one. I am thinking of an older movie he did like in 87 or 88 /forums/images/graemlins/k5.gif

[/ QUOTE ]
that was universal soldier

pauly383

Daddy383
Reaction score

[ QUOTE ]
Not the army movie where he was drugged up to be super and pushed one. I am thinking of an older movie he did like in 87 or 88

[/ QUOTE ]

No, there was another one, where he was in a rural area and had to leave in a white K5, took off down a hilly area . I think he was hooked up with a chick that owned the house/land.

mudhog

THEGAME
Reaction score

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Not the army movie where he was drugged up to be super and pushed one. I am thinking of an older movie he did like in 87 or 88

[/ QUOTE ]

No, there was another one, where he was in a rural area and had to leave in a white K5, took off down a hilly area . I think he was hooked up with a chick that owned the house/land.

[/ QUOTE ]
that would be nowear to run

mudhog

THEGAME
Reaction score

oh and he didn't drive the blazer it was the police chasing him that drove the blazers he was on a motorcycle

CammoK5

Registered Member
Reaction score

Cant talk about GM's in movies without mentioning the burb in Donte's Peak

az-k5

1/2 ton status
Reaction score

The red balzer in "the animal"
The green crew cab in dante's peek

BigRed89

1/2 ton status
Reaction score

Yeah, the /forums/images/graemlins/burb.gif in Dante's Peak was awesome! /forums/images/graemlins/peace.gif

lukebaby1

1/2 ton status
Reaction score
What about Lee Majors in "The Fall Guy"! He was always breaking the front axle in jumps. That truck was an 84 or 85. But sometimes you could watch real close and they would insert an older model to destroy in the stunt. It was also cool the way the whole side of the bed (right behind the drivers door) opened up for storage. I think the best (destruction wise) episode was when they jumped it through the rotating blades of a Bell Jet Ranger helicopter. Totally wasted both vehicles. /forums/images/graemlins/peace.gif /forums/images/graemlins/peace.gif /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif

tarussell

1/2 ton status
Premium Member
Reaction score
I liked the 1977/1978 GMC Step Side that they modified to drive backwards in the movie "Hooper" .
Tom

HarryH3

1 ton status
Author
Reaction score
Let's see...

The custom Blazer that Charlton Heston drives in Earthquake.

The tricked out rig that Kathleen Turner crushes her hubby's car with in War of the Roses.

The mostly stock K5 that the forest ranger lady drives in Broken Arrow.

I'm sure there's more, but the coffee is still brewing... /forums/images/graemlins/wink.gif

tarussell

1/2 ton status
Premium Member
Reaction score
In the movie "Jaws" the Sheriff drives a 1975 or so Blazer that looks cool - stock but cool .

In the movie "Gumball Rally" the fat guy that is chasing the ballers drives a sweet looking bone stock late seventy's Blazer.
Tom

thatK30guy

1 ton status
Premium Member
Reaction score
[ QUOTE ]
In the movie "Jaws" the Sheriff drives a 1975 or so Blazer that looks cool - stock but cool .

[/ QUOTE ]

Beat me to it. /forums/images/graemlins/waytogo.gif

75-K5

3/4 ton status
Reaction score
"Enemy of the State" A couple nice Suburbans and a black '75 Blazer /forums/images/graemlins/peace.gif

dremu

Officious Thread Derailer
GMOTM Winner
Reaction score
Broken Arrow ... ahhh, Samantha Mathis. Mmmm.

Oh, it was a CUCV, I do believe. Also had the HMMWV's in that flick, and the Detroit trick with the jerry cans.

-- A

Top Bottom