CK5 Network
Repairing, restoring or modifying your ride just got a whole lot easier!

My cast diff cover

ben427

1/2 ton status
Reaction score
Here are some pics of the custom diff cover i had cast for my Dana 60 . It is a high grade marine stregnth aluminum alloy that is supposidly very strong. I will find out. /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif
4647castcover2-med.jpg
4647castcover-med.jpg
4647castcover3-med.jpg

ben427

1/2 ton status
Reaction score
Yep i went around it with a mini grinder and flap discs to smooth it and used a piece of new steel plate as a straight edge to make sure it was straight enough to seal. I Have since drilled all required holes including a fill hole that allows for greater capacity. Another thing im gonna try is using a piece of 3/16 thick soft rubber sheet as a gasket to see if it would be viable to reuse.

lukebaby1

1/2 ton status
Reaction score
[ QUOTE ]
ini grinder and flap dics /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif

tRustyK5

Big meanie
Staff member
Super Moderator
GMOTM Winner
Author
Reaction score
[ QUOTE ]
flap dics

[/ QUOTE ]

That's a hell of a typo.../forums/images/graemlins/doah.gif /forums/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

rene

Tweetysuarus

1/2 ton status
Reaction score
/forums/images/graemlins/yikes.gif /forums/images/graemlins/yikes.gif /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif
Bill

az-k5

1/2 ton status
Reaction score
Looks good. I assume you could do the same out of high grade steel?

This is a family site I could do with out the profane use of flappy dics and rubbers, /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

ben427

1/2 ton status
Reaction score
Rezzy, I Just got a 1x2 foot sheet from the local rubber supplier. It was only 10 bucks or so. But seeing how you live in a not so populated area hard to say where you can get it.

az-K5, I guess you could, see no reason why not. He thought this would be the best of materials for bouncing off stuff. It hasnt broke yet and i tesed it by runing a D6 cat dozer over it and it just marked it, so id say its plenty strong and still somewhat light.

84gmcjimmy

1 ton status
Reaction score
[ QUOTE ]
i tesed it by runing a D6 cat dozer over it and it just marked it, so id say its plenty strong and still somewhat light.

[/ QUOTE ]

/forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif

afroman006

1/2 ton status
Reaction score
[ QUOTE ]
i tesed it by runing a D6 cat dozer over it

[/ QUOTE ]

I hope I never get tesed like that /forums/images/graemlins/crazy.gif /forums/images/graemlins/doah.gif /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif

84_Chevy_K10

Banned
Reaction score
/forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

Top Bottom