Welcome To CK5!
Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.
Score a FREE Membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.
Discussion in 'The Garage' started by yunit, Mar 21, 2005.
Can't wait to fire this puppy up.
Nice! Whats the specs on that badboy?
Power MIG 255C
Power MIG. The Professional's Choice
List Price:2114.00 (USD) *See Details
K2416-1 Power MIG 255C 208/230/1/60
The Power MIG 255C sets the standard for MIG and flux-cored welding in industrial production, job shop fabrication, maintenance or repair work. Diamond Core Technology™ delivers a wide voltage sweet spot across the welding range, low spatter levels and a forgiving arc on steel, stainless and aluminum -- even for demanding out-of-position work. It's Spool Gun Ready, so its fast and easy to tackle difficult aluminum applications. Exclusive 115 volt auxiliary power means you can power lights, grinders and chargers right where you work! And, the rugged cast drive with patented Split Wire Guide systems and tachometer feedback ensures trouble-free wire delivery. Add the extra length 15 foot gun cable and a host of innovative convenience features and you begin to understand why the Power MIG 255C is considered The Professional's Choice!
• Diamond Core Technology, a patented choke design, delivers:
- A forgiving arc, even with large stickout changes
- Excellent out-of-position arc action
- A wide voltage sweet spot at a given wire feed speed
- Low spatter
• Rugged cast aluminum industrial wire drive features dual driven rolls, easy-turn numeric tension indicator, brass-to-brass gun connections and Lincoln’s 100% wire-supporting split wire guide system.
• Digital meters display, preset wire feed speed and voltage, and actual amperage and voltage while welding.
• Generous 15 ft. (4.5m) gun and cable assembly makes it easy to reach your work.
• The most economic spool gun solution in the 250A category – costing hundreds less.
• Three year warranty on parts and labor (90 days warranty on gun).
Hot New Features:
• Spool Gun Ready – The Power MIG 255C has the electronics built-in to drive either the Prince® XL spool gun or the Magnum® SG spool gun. A second gas solenoid is also built-in for spool gun use.
• The Power MIG 255C features a 115V auxiliary receptacle (208/230V model only) to power a grinder or other auxiliary equipment in your work area. It actually has two outlets.
Dimensions (in) H x W x D : 31.8 x 18.9 x 38.8
Rated CV Output Amps/Volts/Duty Cycle
Wire Feed Speed Range (IPM)
Wire Feed Speed Range (M/MIN)
Solid Wire Size Range
Cored Wire Size Range
I'm hating you right now! lol jj man, thats a sweet welder.
bought the same welder today...... hope to fire it up tomorrow or sunday!
will be buying the sameone asap. Same unit we have at school, love that thing.
jealousy has now set in!
All I got is my old miller 235 mig, and that old Hergenbraectflokinwhatever 400 amp arc stick monster. oh well it works!
Is it better, or comparable to the miller 251?
I'm drooling just looking at that thing.
it is Lincon's counterpart to it. Better? Eh I think the Miller/Lincoln thing generally boils down to what you like better. I like Lincolns, even though I've never had a problem with a Miller(or used them extensively). I just love this machinea fter using it at school. Ours isn't the C(no 120 outlets on it). I'll likely get the C whenever I get around to getting one. I had a Lincoln 175 and this machine blows it away in adjustment and power. I can lay SUCH a nice bead compared to the 4 or 5 preset settings machines. I never realized what I was missing.
Oh Pete, I never asked, what did you pay for this thing? Retail is 2100 I see just wondering what you got it for. We have a local dealer that usually pretty good under MSRP. There was a used on on Ebay very recently for $1000 I really wish I had jumped on.
Sexy I want one now
What he said....
awsome welder congrats!
Separate names with a comma.