CK5 Network
Repairing, restoring or modifying your ride just got a whole lot easier!

New Alternator Question

dallassnowman

1/2 ton status
Reaction score
Just replaced alternator and all belts, after the old one died. And now while at idle with the ac on, my volts drop low, almost to the line above the red mark. I replaced with an orginal replacement alt....My question is..."Is this normal and is this ok or good???" All I have is an aftermarket radio. While driving it sits well above 13 volts.

alec78

1/2 ton status
Reaction score
Sounds "normal" to me. Though you may want to check your battery connections and grounds, just to make sure they are tight.

OFFRDK5

1/2 ton status
Premium Member
Reaction score
Wow...thats pretty low!! I put the a stock one back on mine and it started doing that. I found out that I had pulled a wire off the starter that was to all my "hot" stuff in the rig.

Check all the grounds and connections and check at the battery how much is being put out by the alt. I bought an AutoCrap one and it failed. Went to NAPA paid a bit more and got a better one and it works great!!

dallassnowman

1/2 ton status
Reaction score
Yip its an auto crap one ill have to check all that...Thanks for all the info!! That really fits them (AUTO CRAP)!!!!! /forums/images/graemlins/yikes.gif

Top Bottom