CK5 Network
Become a member of the largest online community for Chevy K5 Blazer, Suburban and C/K series truck owners!

New bed panels

41565chevelle

1/2 ton status
Reaction score
Hey fellas, thought I would throw up a couple pics of the bed sides I just made. I used aluminum diamond plate (free) and took my old panels and used them as a template. After a few hours of little tweaks and trim cuts, I think it turned out alright. I ended up lining the inside with a 1/2 of Dynamat per side. Made the noise drop immensely. I have plans to paint it grey to match, plus run some waterproof electrical elbows and flew conduit inside for future wiring considerations from front to back. Also, the 6x9's will go behind the front seats and now have a perfect mounting spot.

image.jpg

41565chevelle

1/2 ton status
Reaction score
And lastly...
Future plans include the rubber floor mat K85octane recommended, spray in bed liner on the wheel tubs and a few electrical outputs to the rear. I had to get this in before I start fitting the cage. The speakers will also get installed prior to the cage. My luck the bar would go in the only spot I could mount a speaker if that was done first!

image.jpg

FM Keller

Registered Member
Reaction score
Nice...............doing close to the same on mine, mixing perforated stainless (for speaker-amp -sub woofer) steel and aluminum , should be done next month (also doing the doors the same way)

41565chevelle

1/2 ton status
Reaction score
Nice...............doing close to the same on mine, mixing perforated stainless (for speaker-amp -sub woofer) steel and aluminum , should be done next month (also doing the doors the same way)

I like the thought of the perforated steel for air movement. That should work out nicely. Post up pics when you're done!

1975Jimmy

1/2 ton status
Premium Member
Reaction score
Templates?

Very nice!!! I want to do something similar but with MDF. Any chance you'd be interested in selling your old panels to me, or tracing them out on paper and mailing the templates over? I can compensate you for your time. LMK.

Deuling

“I like to make things”
Premium Member
GMOTM Winner
Reaction score
Nice work! I had material bought to do this, but then I realized how much space it opened up and I just left the old ones off.

41565chevelle

1/2 ton status
Reaction score
Very nice!!! I want to do something similar but with MDF. Any chance you'd be interested in selling your old panels to me, or tracing them out on paper and mailing the templates over? I can compensate you for your time. LMK.

Your sig says you are in Irvine? If so, let's meet up and trace them out yourself? I have to take them off soon to spray in some bed liner on the wheel tubs.

1975Jimmy

1/2 ton status
Premium Member
Reaction score
Your sig says you are in Irvine? If so, let's meet up and trace them out yourself? I have to take them off soon to spray in some bed liner on the wheel tubs.

Thanks for the offer! I ended up downloading yhe PDF templates and having them printed at kinkos. Worked like a charm.

Desert_K5

1/2 ton status
Vendor
GMOTM Winner
Reaction score
Where did you get the template link? I'd like to make a set and use the marine hatch on the sides for storage. (same that was used in the floor for fuel pump access)

Top Bottom