New Fender Skirt Dust Shields

1-ton

1/2 ton status
Premium Member
Reaction score
One day was was working on my Crew Cab, and I noticed one of my fender skirt dust shields cracked and flew off somewhere while I was driving down the road. I started searching the internet for a company that made these, and I came across a company called rubbertherightway.com I ordered a set, and installed them. they fit real nice, and this company makes them in house here in America. They came with the plastic lock clips, and everything.

full

full

Last edited:

dyeager535

1 ton status
Premium Member
Reaction score
They look good. Do they appear to be the same material as factory(which is "mastic" iirc) ? From the pic it appears probably so.

Mine tore too, and at the time I was able to get OEM replacements, but I thought true rubber might have been a better option. But maybe rubber won't take heat as well or something?

SpeedlabDan

Keepin it trashy never classy
Premium Member
GMOTM Winner
Reaction score
I'm missing mine and now that I took the body lift out I'd like to put them back I'll have to check em out:waytogo::waytogo:

obijuank5

3/4 ton status
Premium Member
GMOTM Winner
Solutions
Reaction score
Do these serve a purpose other than visual? Like to control airflow or something?

dyeager535

1 ton status
Premium Member
Reaction score
They keep stuff from being thrown into the engine bay off the tires (perhaps just the splash that comes off whatever the tires come in contact with, like a pothole), or at least attempt to. I remember running without one for awhile and after a fair bit of wet dirt roads, the engine bay was coated with dried mud.

They might help control airflow as well, the gaps they plug between inner fender and frame aren't huge as I recall, but I'd wager they probably tend to keep hot air flowing down and out. I know with my cooling fan(s) on, at idle, hot engine bay air is exhausted under the driver and passenger doors.

Babaganoosh

1 ton status
Premium Member
GMOTM Winner
Reaction score
You know I totally forgot these truck came with them sense mine have been missing for 10 years. My headers would appreciate the splash guards.

warrpath4x4

1/2 ton status
Premium Member
Reaction score
The older I am getting the more I look to add stuff like this back on, when I was younger and working on something in the wheel well and those would be in the way.... just rip them off and throw them away lol

1-ton

1/2 ton status
Premium Member
Reaction score
They look good. Do they appear to be the same material as factory(which is "mastic" iirc) ? From the pic it appears probably so.

Mine tore too, and at the time I was able to get OEM replacements, but I thought true rubber might have been a better option. But maybe rubber won't take heat as well or something?
These appear to be pure rubber, and not the plastic/rubber alloy that the factory fender skirts where. The fit was right on the money though.

dyeager535

1 ton status
Premium Member
Reaction score
Interesting. About the only downside I can imagine is heat might harden them, but I'm not sure how warm they really get. Wouldn't mind hearing about how they hold up down the road.

Mastic was a weird choice I felt, maybe it was just cheaper. It's definitely much easier to tear than rubber.

Top Bottom