New to site wanted to say hi

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by drop the hammer, Feb 26, 2006.

1. drop the hammer

drop the hammer 1/2 ton status

Well here I am, looks like I found a decent K5 Forum. I recently bought an 87 k5 blazer for a steal at 800 bucks. So far I have took out the crap 3in body lift and have removed some hack job mods and got it back to stock for a good starting point. The body had minimal rot for how notorious these thing are for rotting. A set of manual front hubs, tie rod ends and thats about it so far. Its got the fuel injected 350 that funs like a champ, and rebuilt 700-R4 with a heavy shift kit, and its sitting on a set of 31's I got for free. I love the thing, its got me through some decent snow and mud so far and its pretty much stock. Anyway I recently seized the alternator but other than that shes been a reliable beater. Only question so far is anyone have any cheap mods for some decent power out there? I love solid backyard engineering. Keep it dirty, and dont be a sissy just drop the hammer.

2. mxfireman

mxfireman 1/2 ton status

Welcome to CK5:D

3. muddyblzr

muddyblzr 1/2 ton status

sounds like you got a pretty good deal. for cheap easy power a set of electric fans over the mechanical one will free up some hp as well as fliping the top of your can over for a more open element style filter. also a better exhaust will always help.
    what are your plans suspension wise?

4. Cmoe

Cmoe 1/2 ton status

Sounds like a good start to an addiction! Welcome to the site!

5. drop the hammer

drop the hammer 1/2 ton status

It was a screaming Deal. Anyway I gotta save up a little cash, but once I do I wanna set her up on a 4 in kit with a set of 33's. Enough to rip through most the decent stuff but keep it streetable.