No rear wheel weel are cool! Untill you drive through water.

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by Sandman, Feb 16, 2004.

1. Sandman

Sandman 3/4 ton status Author

By the time I drove through town I was soaked. Those swampers throw an impressive amount of water. Think I'll have to put the rear wheel wells back in. /forums/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

2. sled_dog

sled_dog 1 ton status

haha, that would be a good idea, go mudding first /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif.

3. HarryH3

HarryH3 1 ton status Author

Have you hit any decent puddles on the road yet? I used to have a 4WD Dodge van. With the tires so far forward, and the van lifted about 4 inches over stock, water would spray forward from the tires and then come back onto the windshield. /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif Just wondering if you'll see a similar effect with the body modified so drastically.

4. supersize75k5

supersize75k5 OrganDonorRacing.com

crap, now I am wondering what I will do..but it only rains a few times a year.

my truck always seems to be down too

the last few times..

gove lock..rain
    motor..rain
    steering..rain
    454..rain

maby my truck is doing a funky rain dance or somethin /forums/images/graemlins/dunno.gif

the one time I did drive in rain I totaled a newer civic that turned into me /forums/images/graemlins/whistling.gif

actually I kind of knocked and pushed it out of the way...then I locked them up and crunched it /forums/images/graemlins/doah.gif

should have seen my 1/4 wall rectangular tube bumper thats tucked in the frame and boxed..just some paint on it /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif

5. B_to_C

B_to_C 1/2 ton status Author

for some reason my 82 amc eagle srx seemed like it was designed specifically to transfer the water from a puddle directly to the winshield /forums/images/graemlins/dunno.gifIt's didn't help that the windshield wipers were always crapping out /forums/images/graemlins/doah.gif

6. Sandman

Sandman 3/4 ton status Author

I saw a pretty good stream shoot up and off the tires. It didnt really hit the windshield though. I was only going around 30 miles an hour though. Faster might do it.