CK5 Network
Repairing, restoring or modifying your ride just got a whole lot easier!

noise when turning

tecton

1/2 ton status
Reaction score
so my rear end tore up and the garage fixed it...

the receipt says an eaton posi

and it makes a noise when i turn left or right at low speeds

is this normal or abnormal?

i was watching popular hotrodding tv this morning and it was talking about posi and im wondering if the eaton they put in is a locking differential....what yall thizink?

tecton

1/2 ton status
Reaction score
no...its...not like a grind, i dont lose any power or anything, but it is kinda of like a grind

89fullsiz

Registered Member
Reaction score
Nope that is not normal I'd take it back. Don't know much about these trucks really I just got mine. But an Eaton-posi (nice BTW) should not catch like that when new and first installed IMHO. It may last awhile like that but it really shouldn't be binding up... I imagined you paid quite a bit for it to get fixed they should stand behind thier work...

jjlaughner

3/4 ton status
Reaction score
if it is an eaton it a limited slip and most likely clutch type... go to GM and buy a little tube of GM limited slip additive put it in and say good bye to the pops and clicks /forums/images/graemlins/waytogo.gif

tecton

1/2 ton status
Reaction score
well i took it back today, rear end was fine, the left drum brake was sticking and im taking it in tomorrow to have them tear it apart and see why the clutches arent working correctly

Top Bottom