CK5 Network
Repairing, restoring or modifying your ride just got a whole lot easier!

Olds 455 Rocket For Sale or trade for a Diesel

85army tank

1/2 ton status
Reaction score
Re: Olds 455 Rocket trade for a Diesel?

/forums/images/graemlins/k5.gifAll right i got a few questions for ya. can you give me the numbers that are stamped in the 1 to 1 1/2 inch area on top of the timing chain by the oil fill tube.And can you get me the last number stamped on the oil fill tube.Also can you get me the number or letter stamped on the head it should be a letter about 1 in high also look to the right of the bigger letter for a smaller one.It might be there might not. I think the letter on the head should be if you are looking at the driverside of the motor i think it will be right by the first head bolt you can see.if you look at my sig you might see what i need this for. /forums/images/graemlins/k5.gif /forums/images/graemlins/peace.gif

kennyw

@N9PHW, @chop.shop.squarebody on IG
Premium Member
GMOTM Winner
Reaction score

I will stop and get some #'s off of it for you /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

85army tank

1/2 ton status
Reaction score

/forums/images/graemlins/k5.gifthanks man /forums/images/graemlins/k5.gif

kennyw

Premium Member
GMOTM Winner
Reaction score

I forgot to say that I have a stock "455 Rocket" labeled air cleaner to go with it.

reeser

1/2 ton status
Reaction score

kenny
i'm your man!!!! i'm picking up a truck tomorrow it looks like that has a 6.2 in it w/ 112,000. we'll see how she runs! you're already coming up here so why not take as much junk home as you can! lol /forums/images/graemlins/peace.gif /forums/images/graemlins/waytogo.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

kennyw

Premium Member
GMOTM Winner
Reaction score

Olds 396021F

Heads have letter "G" on them.

85army tank

1/2 ton status
Reaction score

/forums/images/graemlins/k5.gifWell the numbers cross over to be a 1970 to 1972 455 the G head is the most common head for these and are a low compression big valve head.I know you are looking for a trade for a 6.2 but how much do you want for it out right.Or would you be willing to trade some parts or something for it.pm or email me. /forums/images/graemlins/k5.gif

Top Bottom