opinions on cut out flares..

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by k5 krawler 50, Apr 1, 2004.

1. k5 krawler 50

k5 krawler 50 1/2 ton status

I was wondering who runs cut out flares and likes them. I was thinking about them but dont know if i really want them, would it look retarded with only a 5 or 6 inch lift and 35x14.5 tires? if any one has pictures that would be great too. thanks

2. highrider_44s

highrider_44s 1/2 ton status

I was thinking of putting them on my self i also be interested in the info also how much extra space you get with the /forums/images/graemlins/hack.gif /forums/images/graemlins/hack.gif /forums/images/graemlins/hack.gif /forums/images/graemlins/peace.gif

3. willyswanter

willyswanter 1/2 ton status GMOTM Winner

They break really easy, mine are all beat up and cracked. They do serve there purpose of keeping the cops away though so I can't complain.

4. jekbrown

jekbrown I am CK5 Premium Member GMOTM Winner Author

for street rigs they are fine... dont see much point in a wheelin rig, they are just gonna get damaged. They ain't cheap either. Bad combo in the world of off-roadin', easily broken + expensive.

j

5. dhdescender

dhdescender 1/2 ton status

Qualicum Beach, British Columbia, Canada - Eh.
    We've had good luck on my friends rig with flares From Freightliner, they're meant for dumptrucks, sold by the foot, 3" wide, and have a groove you shove the fender in an pin it down. I think it was about $25 a wheel to get it done. So about $17 american? Super durable, its rubber so not matter how hard to rash it, it just bends right back into place. /forums/images/graemlins/waytogo.gif

6. DwarF

DwarF 1/2 ton status

While I really appriciate the info, a url to the freightliners would be MUCH appriciated

7. jekbrown

jekbrown I am CK5 Premium Member GMOTM Winner Author

sounds like a good idea for keeping a rig with wide tires street legal... /forums/images/graemlins/thinking.gif

j