CK5 Network
Become a member of the largest online community for Chevy K5 Blazer, Suburban and C/K series truck owners!

Overland Dysfunction Rendezvous 2016

attendance

• Total voters

natemc

Adventure is an Addiction
Premium Member
GMOTM Winner
Reaction score
Scott and I are working on a location as well as time frame. Seasonal closures and such.

Cucv_M1008

Cthulhu Forever
Premium Member
Reaction score
My list has gotten soooo long ugh...

Replace IP
Freeze plugs
starter rebuild
brakes (go with disk in the rear?)
Transmission service or rebuild.
bolt in cage
change all fluids and filters.(rear diff protection)
wiper blades lol
rear main seal
replace u joint on spare drive shaft
shorten front drive shaft by 2 inches
batteries
new heater hoses
figure out how to deal with my 16.5 rims with no bead locks (humvee 12 bolts?)
Mount fire extinguisher in cab

Anyone know of a good way to mount rear drive shafts to the bed ? i dont want my spare flopping around.

I have not been on a trail since 2011 with this thing.

AgDieseler

Certified Scrap Producer
Premium Member
GMOTM Winner
Reaction score
Anyone know of a good way to mount rear drive shafts to the bed ? i dont want my spare flopping around.
A friend of mine stowed his in a 4" PVC pipe and hose clamped it to his roof rack. It seems to work well for very little investment.

Your list seems doable. Depending on the dates, this might be a good road trip for me.

David

Cucv_M1008

Cthulhu Forever
Premium Member
Reaction score
A friend of mine stowed his in a 4" PVC pipe and hose clamped it to his roof rack. It seems to work well for very little investment.

Your list seems doable. Depending on the dates, this might be a good road trip for me.

David

Its doable just money lol.

natemc

Premium Member
GMOTM Winner
Reaction score
So the dates will be early May 2016 as of right now. We're pretty sure we have an area of interest. It's just figuring out the closure and permits.
Agdieseler it would be awesome if you make it.

Cucv_M1008

Cthulhu Forever
Premium Member
Reaction score
So the dates will be early May 2016 as of right now. We're pretty sure we have an area of interest. It's just figuring out the closure and permits.
Agdieseler it would be awesome if you make it.

I would need a pre Blazer Bash 2016 trial run

natemc

Premium Member
GMOTM Winner
Reaction score
Oh man! The anticipation is killing me. Muddysub keeps texting me ideas, locations and teasers! Oh my!

I wonder how big the parking lot is at 4 wheel parts in sparks?

Cucv_M1008

Cthulhu Forever
Premium Member
Reaction score
Few questions, Will this be a Dog and GF friendly event and since we are going to be in NV will there be shooting on this little trip thats being planned ? community BBQ what type of trails? rubicon hard or over landing trails?

muddysub

1 ton status
Staff member
GMOTM Winner
Reaction score
Few questions, Will this be a Dog and GF friendly event and since we are going to be in NV will there be shooting on this little trip thats being planned ? community BBQ what type of trails? rubicon hard or over landing trails?

We want to do an overland event, sort of an ultimate adventure trip without all the body damage. It will definitely be family/dog friendly, we want everyone to get out, explore and experience something that they might never see otherwise.
We'll most likely be doing a meet & greet at 4wheel parts in Sparks, convoying from there and staying out in the Black Rock Desert area, self sustained for 4-5 days. Don't expect rubicon level difficulty, or any serious rock crawling for that matter. We're looking for easy to moderate trails and mixing in cool campsites, historical routes and some awesome sights along the way. You'll need to be street legal and capable of cruising down the highway, not really a rock buggy event.
Exact locations haven't been nailed down yet, though we'll be traveling through national conservation areas and probably some reservation land as well. Planning in some trigger time hasn't been discussed but I don't see an issue with it as long as we know who's land we're and if it's permitted there.
And yes I definitely see some camp BBQing taking place!

natemc

Premium Member
GMOTM Winner
Reaction score
Here is another thing we're kicking around. This will start on a Monday morning. The idea there is that it's easier to schedule a straight week off. Everyone will have time to make it to Reno area and time to make it back home at the end without rushing. Be able to unpack and such. The next thing is that we probably won't have to deal with locals camping and partying along the way since this will be family friendly

natemc

Premium Member
GMOTM Winner
Reaction score
How many would be interested in a hiking day? Maybe take one day where we split up some and do more than just drive? Hang out at camp, hike, geocache, fish, kick rocks, talk the trail hound smoker into cooking one day? Looking for a little feed back to help with the format of the trip. We can't accommodate everything, but we're open to ideas at this point before everything is set and planned

muddysub

1 ton status
Staff member
GMOTM Winner
Reaction score
I'm definitely down for a day off from driving. Set up base camp, doing some hiking/geocaching/fishing.

Hmm, I'm gonna have to build a smoker mount for the rear bumper swing out.

natemc

Premium Member
GMOTM Winner
Reaction score
May 16th - 20th is the week right now.

Last edited:

AgDieseler

Certified Scrap Producer
Premium Member
GMOTM Winner
Reaction score
May 16th - 20th is the tentative week right now.
If I'm able to make it, I'm all in for a day hike to a nearby lake or peak. Really want to make this work.

David

Top Bottom