CK5 Network
Repairing, restoring or modifying your ride just got a whole lot easier!

"POP" What was that?

mountainexplorer

1/2 ton status
Reaction score
\"POP\" What was that?

A friend's wife's Blazer (late 90's S-10) started acting all weird yesterday, so I went after work to go tow it home for them. It still ran, but it kept having weird power surges and all the guages acted weird.

He went to start it to drive it onto my trailer, and it acted like the battery was dead. I wiggled the positive terminal connection on the battery, he want to start it and "POP". Sounded like a firecracker, right next to my hand at the terminal connection. No spark or anything. But I did feel like the force from it hit my hand... whatever it was.

What could cause something like that? Like a total noise only explosion.

willyswanter

1/2 ton status
- In Memoriam -
GMOTM Winner
Reaction score
Re: \"POP\" What was that?

The pop should just be the arc between the battery terminal and the cable as you wiggled it. You could also have blown a fusible link that runs to the starter or some other high amperage onboard system.

gm4x

1/2 ton status
Reaction score

BE CAREFUL!! I had a battery blow-up in my face once in a similar situation. Wear goggs around it!!!

mouse

1/2 ton status
Reaction score

I just fixed a Tahoe that had a broken connector on the battery. The cable was still attached, but the part that connects internally to the battery was broken...

Top Bottom