CK5 Network
Repairing, restoring or modifying your ride just got a whole lot easier!

Power lock switches

jjlaughner

3/4 ton status
Reaction score
check the wiring on back of the switch, I thought mine went bad but the wires broke off the connectors in the plug on the harness... you might need the harness ends instead. I replaced mine and the switches still work /forums/images/graemlins/waytogo.gif

84_Chevy_K10

Banned
Reaction score
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Autozone /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

will I have to go to the counter?

[/ QUOTE ]

Nope. They're in the motormite (HELP!) section. On the sales floor.

Any store that carries motormite/dorman will have them. Nearly every store will carry motormite/dorman as well.

kw48653

Registered Member
Reaction score
try taking them apart and cleaning them before you relace them. it worked great for me.

dave_90_blazer

1/2 ton status
Reaction score
[ QUOTE ]
Window switch and door lock switch are the same thing.

[/ QUOTE ]

nope, the window switch has 5 pins, the lock switch has 3

I just ordered them, $20 each

heavy4x4

1/2 ton status
Reaction score
You guys might find this idea amusing and laughable...that is, until you try it.

About a year ago, both power lock switches on my truck were terrible. I had to push them really hard in order for them to work either way. I figured they were shot anyway, so why not get creative. I got to thinking, WD-40 fixes a lot of things, right? So, I took my WD-40, put on that impossible-to-find red tube thingy, and shot some WD-40 right in my power lock switch. (Just gave it a squirt or 5 right over and under the tab you press on). BAMO! Work like they did on day one. I guess the contacts just corroded over time and the WD-40 dissolved the corrosion away. They still work great and I haven't had to WD 'em since. /forums/images/graemlins/waytogo.gif /forums/images/graemlins/peace.gif

dyeager535

1 ton status
Premium Member
Solutions
Reaction score
Never tried the WD40 trick, but I had some window and door lock switches that didn't work, so I took them apart, and sure enough, it's just copper contacts, and they were all corroded. Cleaned them up, put some grease on them to hopefully prolong the time before next tear down, and they worked like a charm.

Only time a switch probably needs to be replaced is when one of the pins breaks off, only thing I've ever seen wrong with one that wasn't contacts.

dave_90_blazer

1/2 ton status
Reaction score
[ QUOTE ]
Never tried the WD40 trick, but I had some window and door lock switches that didn't work, so I took them apart, and sure enough, it's just copper contacts, and they were all corroded. Cleaned them up, put some grease on them to hopefully prolong the time before next tear down, and they worked like a charm.

Only time a switch probably needs to be replaced is when one of the pins breaks off, only thing I've ever seen wrong with one that wasn't contacts.

[/ QUOTE ]

the chrome is all worn off mine, so why not

Top Bottom