CK5 Network
Repairing, restoring or modifying your ride just got a whole lot easier!

PRO COMP M/T?

85mudblazin

1/2 ton status
Reaction score
Anyone use pro comp mud terrain tires? I am thinking about getting me some 35" pro comp m/ts. /forums/images/graemlins/k5.gif

rjfguitar

3/4 ton status
GMOTM Winner
Reaction score
Get yourself a set of BFG M/T's. You will like them better, they wear better, are quieter, and are a better carcas.

CammoK5

Registered Member
Reaction score
I had always had BFG muds on my trucks but when ProComp came out with their tires I tried some 33's on my 1/2 ton Ram. They were okay. I would rather have had BFG's again though. The only thing I liked better about the Procomps than the BFG's was that the Procomps have sipes in the center lugs. They didnt seem to help a whole lot in wet weather though.

jekbrown

I am CK5
Premium Member
GMOTM Winner
Author
Reaction score
i run procomp MTs and totally dig em... not sure what people are talking about them wearing out fast... that hasnt been my experience at all.

dont really see any advantages in BFGs, procomps seem to be a little bit "stickier" of a compound IMO.

j

BlazerGuy

3/4 ton status
Reaction score
I have BFG's and my friend runs the Procomps on his jeep. They're pretty much the same performance wise but his has sipes...which are better in da rain...

CammoK5

Registered Member
Reaction score
[ QUOTE ]
... not sure what people are talking about them wearing out fast... that hasnt been my experience at all.

dont really see any advantages in BFGs, procomps seem to be a little bit "stickier" of a compound IMO.

j

[/ QUOTE ]

"Stickier" compound that doesnt wear out faster /forums/images/graemlins/dunno.gif Must be some high tech NASA designed super rubber or something. /forums/images/graemlins/thinking.gif

:NOTE: This post was made with a sence of humor, not trying to be an A-hole or anything /forums/images/graemlins/waytogo.gif

85mudblazin

1/2 ton status
Reaction score
I decided to try the pro comp's just because I got them really cheap. /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

TruckNutzDude

1/2 ton status
Reaction score
I farted (damn Arby's! /forums/images/graemlins/ignore.gif) /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif
[ QUOTE ]
:NOTE: This post was made with a sence of humor, not trying to be an A-hole or anything

[/ QUOTE ]

Widowmaker runs pro comps in the 35" flavor and he likes them. They've lasted several hundred burn outs with little tread wear /forums/images/graemlins/waytogo.gif

Top Bottom