CK5 Network
Repairing, restoring or modifying your ride just got a whole lot easier!

quadrajet flooding out

bryguy00b

3/4 ton status
Reaction score
the carb on my truck keeps randomly flooding out and running incredibly rich! took 20 minuts to get out of the school paring lot today, and man, by the time i got out of there i had gone through a 1/4 tank of gas, and the whole parking lot was a big cloud of black smoke, it was actually kind of funny but pissed me of at the same time. any ideas on why it does this sometimes? and then other times runs great? what do u guys think could be causing this? /forums/images/graemlins/dunno.gif

bryguy00b

3/4 ton status
Reaction score
yea, i dunno they look a lot more complicated then the holleys which is all i have any experience with really, and i hate them..im sticking with quadrajets..ill see if theres any little shops around here that will rebiuld it i guess...

pauly383

Daddy383
Reaction score
Sounds like dirt in the carb, keeping the rods from seating. I have had that many times (now I just have a new one thankfully). Just take a crash course in rebuilding. It is a piece of cake if your mechanically inclined and have patience. Now if it won't run right when your done keep this in mind, as these carbs age the throttle shafts wear the baseplate and create a vacuum leak. Hope it helps /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/k5.gif

85HeartBurb

1/2 ton status
Reaction score
[ QUOTE ]
the carb on my truck keeps randomly flooding out and running incredibly rich! took 20 minuts to get out of the school paring lot today, and man, by the time i got out of there i had gone through a 1/4 tank of gas, and the whole parking lot was a big cloud of black smoke, it was actually kind of funny but pissed me of at the same time. any ideas on why it does this sometimes? and then other times runs great? what do u guys think could be causing this? /forums/images/graemlins/dunno.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Get with cvhs the big bad burb
his brother works at jet /forums/images/graemlins/blush.gif

jakeslim

1/2 ton status
Reaction score
[ QUOTE ]
by the time i got out of there i had gone through a 1/4 tank of gas

[/ QUOTE ]

and with the cost of gas these days..ouch!

Top Bottom