CK5 Network
Become a member of the largest online community for Chevy K5 Blazer, Suburban and C/K series truck owners!

Raptor Liner Help with road noise?

ripple1973

Registered Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
I am trying to decide what i should do with the bed of my 85 Blazer. I am also wanting to get rid of road noise and insalationing the bed. I am wanting to Raptor Liner or Dyna mat and Vinyl. Does anyone have experience with this? I dont want to do the raptor liner and find out it is still loud

yellowK20

Well Lubricated
Premium Member
GMOTM Winner
Reaction score
I am trying to decide what i should do with the bed of my 85 Blazer. I am also wanting to get rid of road noise and insalationing the bed. I am wanting to Raptor Liner or Dyna mat and Vinyl. Does anyone have experience with this? I dont want to do the raptor liner and find out it is still loud

It definitely helps , but not quite as effective as Dyna-Mat type products.

What I did on my V3500 “Smokey” , was to apply bedliner to the floors , kick panels , and back of the cab . Then I applied what can best be described as bubble wrap with aluminum foil on both sides with 3M spray adhesive to the bedliner . And finally I put the new extra thick rubber floor mat in . I did the inside surfaces of the doors and the ceiling with a dyna-mat knock off . And then reinstalled the interior with new weather stripping.

my truck has a rowdy straight piped 6.5 , it’s no louder in the cab now then my 2012 Ram 3500 with 5” exhaust with a “muffler” .

I won’t say it’s library quiet , but you can carry on a normal conversation on the cell phone with out issue.

ripple1973

Registered Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
OK that helps I Get that bubble foil stuff from work. I thought of the thick rubber bed mat so that deadens the noise and heat? It was funny i tow camper with this vehicle and my wife's flip flop melted to the to the floor,because the pipes run under her feet.

yellowK20

Well Lubricated
Premium Member
GMOTM Winner
Reaction score
OK that helps I Get that bubble foil stuff from work. I thought of the thick rubber bed mat so that deadens the noise and heat? It was funny i tow camper with this vehicle and my wife's flip flop melted to the to the floor,because the pipes run under her feet.

I was looking to hold heat in the cab , -40 and a diesel that never really gets warm . And it worked very well.

diesel4me

1 ton status
- In Memoriam -
Reaction score
The thick rubber mats they sell for pickup beds sweat and will rust up the bed eventually unless its well painted or bed lined first..but it will cut down a lot of road noise..and insulate the bed floor from the interior..

I cut one down to use in my '75 K5 years ago and it made a big difference in how much road noise it had on the highway..
I put regular bubble wrap under the original carpet & jute pad on a '79 C-10 I had and it made the cab a lot warmer in the winter..
I put POR-15 on the floor first though ,that bubble wrap encourages condensation ..

JoshHefnerX

3/4 ton status
Premium Member
Reaction score
I did herculner in mine, it's not as thick as a sprayed product but wasn't impressed w/ any noise reduction it had. Actual sound deadner, along w/ closed cell foam then a layer of mass loaded vinyl will make things quiet. Thankfully I put new carpet w/ padding and mlv built in so it did pretty well there.

nmxhustla

Motor Tuh
Premium Member
Reaction score
I used Al's liner rolled on extra thick and some insulation from LMC truck and over that a rubber mat, the 7.4 was noticeably more "quiet" but its no Cadillac.

Top Bottom