CK5
Register an account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members.

Rear gate Cover for inside

Traveller

Newbie
Joined
May 25, 2026
Posts
1
Reaction score
0
Location
Greenville, SC
My last Blazer was a nice 89. It had an aftermarket textured black hard plastic tailgate cover to prevent scratches. It fit on the inside of the tailgate and curled over the top of the tailgate. I've searched for one without any luck.

Does anyone know where I might find one?

Yes, I regret ever selling every one of my Blazers. I'm currently looking at two 1991 Jimmy SLE models to get my butt back in a K5.
 
Wow, I forgot about those tailgate covers. My parents had one on their 89 K5. I believe it was made by Lund, but I can't be sure.
 
Not sure i know the exact part you are referring to (at least havent seen it), but my previous k5 had matching carpet. Of course in my stupidity i tore it off and bedlined it, but would love to have that again
 
Funny I just came across this topic. I was just thinking something like this would be neat Mine is all covered in scratches. I was thinking about spraying it in bed coating but I think a cover would be better.
 
Not sure i know the exact part you are referring to (at least havent seen it), but my previous k5 had matching carpet. Of course in my stupidity i tore it off and bedlined it, but would love to have that again
I don't think K5s had tailgate carpet stock, but I also carpeted my K5 tailgate with generic matching carpet from ACC or somebody. The key is good prep and good glue. It protects from scratches and also keeps things quieter. The hard part is making the removeable panel carpet a separate piece and having holes for all of the screws.

I've considered doing the same for my truck tailgate. It might be easier due to lack of handle, panel, etc. on the inside.
 
Funny I just came across this topic. I was just thinking something like this would be neat Mine is all covered in scratches. I was thinking about spraying it in bed coating but I think a cover would be better.
Mine didn't have any but my wagoneer did and it was nice to have.
My suburban does have it.
 

Latest Posts

Top Bottom