CK5
Register an account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members.

Rebuild carb or buy completed

77ck5

Registered Member
 Premium
Joined
Jul 3, 2026
Posts
36
Reaction score
61
Location
Arizona, CA
So are rebuilt carbs nowadays any good or should I try to do it myself? I’ve only done little Mikuni carbs on my 2stroke bikes so leery of doing this myself. Got truck to run by priming carb no problem until I replaced tank and sending unit. Now that steady supply of fuel to carb it is leaking everywhere when I try it but it will not start. Assuming floats sticking but who knows it’s so old but won’t run, disconnected fuel line today again and primed and it started up. So I Was going to stick with stock setup until I figure out what I am actually doing with vehicle and get the carb done , any thoughts?
 
What carb are you rebuilding? When I did my quadrajet back in the day I was reading some hot rodding books and it made a big difference. A vacuum gauge and reading the spark plugs made a world of a difference along with timing.
 
It’s a Quadrajet and has 7045583 stamped on side of it if that helps. Quite a few various people rebuild them just not sure what route to go at this point
 
Top Bottom