CK5 Network
Repairing, restoring or modifying your ride just got a whole lot easier!

recontoured fenders??

k5 krawler 50

1/2 ton status
Reaction score
I was wondering if any one has cut there fenders and had them recontoured(i think thats the right term) them to look like stock? If any has any pictures that would be cool to see some. Also if you took to a body shop to have it done how much did it cost you? Thanks.

84_Chevy_K10

Banned
Reaction score
Check out the front cover of petersons this month.

I personally think that is a waste of time and money.

k5 krawler 50

1/2 ton status
Reaction score
I saw that blazer and it is pretty sweet, i just cant really tell how much of a bigger opening the fenders are with those angles in the pictures.

camiswelding

1/2 ton status
Reaction score
I just did this... all welded lips.. used 1/2" round rod...
Ill try to shoot some pics for you tomorrow... it was pretty easy... used a mig wire called "easy grind" specifically for bodywork in .023 and softer than other wires.. a little body hammer work... but I can weld and have the right equipment
the added benefit... the fenders are stonger than stock without any more weight,,, and they look stock with a large opening that makes you look twice,,, if youre a ck'r you know theyre modified... if you dont know our trucks they look stock...
I opened them all the way up to where the lip meets the fenderwell... used a plasma, a cutoff wheel and a sawzall
I have a couple of hours per fender in them before bodywork,,, so I would say a bodyshop would bone you at least 500 per fender.. heck you cant go in a bodyshop for under 500 bucks today... unless its earl scheib... and would you want that bodywork monkey making fender flares out of bondo for you?
cam

BlazerGuy

3/4 ton status
Reaction score
I was thinking the same thing. Man, what a poser! /forums/images/graemlins/rolleyes.gif

k5 krawler 50

1/2 ton status
Reaction score
hey i tried the link and it just brought me to a screen that said "you need to login in to edit photos" so maybe you could check the link and re post it. thanks

camiswelding

1/2 ton status
Reaction score
sorry about the link... this is my first time using photos.. Im trying to figure out how to post directly here with photos... alas Im still stupid...
cam

Russ

1/2 ton status
Premium Member
Reaction score
You can take a look in my webshots album also. I welded on some sheetmetal after I cut out my fenders. I feel a little better about not having the sharp edges as much as my kids crawl around on my Blazer. Only took a little of my time and no money, I am pretty happy with it. Here is the link:
http://community.webshots.com/user/rjdinkins

Russ

k5 krawler 50

1/2 ton status
Reaction score
Those are some sweet looking fenders. I was thinkin of doing something similar to your sheetmetal idea, i was thinking about getting some older fenders and just cut the rear part off and re weld back on to the cut ones after i open them up a little.

k5 krawler 50

1/2 ton status
Reaction score
how do you post pictures of documents, cuz i have some pictures of what i want to do to the fenders, and i want to see what everyone thinks, but i am a little confused on how to post pictures that are saved as documents. thanks

Top Bottom