My new truck (to me), is a 69 k5. The battery was not holding a charge so a quick look under the hood revealed a few things. First, at the battery terminal there are three wires, one goes to the starter, another appears to be from the regulator / altenator. and a third smaller one in the same harness as the reg / alt wire that has a small glass fuse (that was missing), so I replaced it. I checked the voltage at the battery and was barely at 12 volts. Rev the motor and same thing. I looked around a liitle more and discovered that the regulator harness was not plugged in. I plugged that in, and noticed another wires with no fuse (black with white stripe), so I put a fuse in that too. I then went back and started the truck and for the first time my Stock voltage meter jumped!! Rev the motor and it gets hire. Turn on the lights and it dips. Checked the voltage at the battery and as long as the motor was reved up I could get 14 volts. Happy as a clam I went to bed. Woke up this morning with a dead, dead, dead battery. Seems that the voltage meter stays on ALL the time now. Any one out there have ANY SUGGESTIONS? THANKS.