CK5 Network
Repairing, restoring or modifying your ride just got a whole lot easier!

rough country lift???

85mudblazin

1/2 ton status
Reaction score
I have had my 4" rough country lift on now for about a month and my blazer rides really rough I have pro comp es3000 shocks so I dont think the shocks are the problem ne one have ne ideas? /forums/images/graemlins/k5.gif

nc87k5

3/4 ton status
Premium Member
Reaction score
not 100% sure, since I have no lift, but I have read here that they are called "rough" country for a reason. /forums/images/graemlins/dunno.gif /forums/images/graemlins/dunno.gif

rjfguitar

3/4 ton status
GMOTM Winner
Reaction score
Rough country lifts are stiff...like pro comp. /forums/images/graemlins/mad.gif

4xcrazy

3/4 ton status
Reaction score
Did you get the standard lift kit? or the easy rides, i have the easy rides and it is alittle firmer than stock, but not harsh, and i also have nitrogen gas charged shocks on it.

rjfguitar

3/4 ton status
GMOTM Winner
Reaction score
[ QUOTE ]
tuff country is one of the best, correct?

[/ QUOTE ]
Yep, BDS and tough country seem to be the favorites around here. If I was doing my lift again I would have custom springs built, for ride quality.

4xcrazy

3/4 ton status
Reaction score
As mentioned before, i don't know about the standard R.C. springs, /forums/images/graemlins/dunno.gif but i have the Easy Rides by Rough Country and i am happy with them, it's not harsh, but still firmer than stock, IT DOES NOT RIDE LIKE A DUMP TRUCK. /forums/images/graemlins/shame.gif

Might wanna check out the shock combo, it does and will make a difference on the ride quality, i know, i have been through this route with different shocks. /forums/images/graemlins/doah.gif

hi pinion

3/4 ton status
Reaction score
[ QUOTE ]
rough country springs are very rough

[/ QUOTE ] /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gifwhat are superlifts then lol /forums/images/graemlins/dunno.gif /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

87sm465np208

1/2 ton status
Reaction score
yep, mine rides like a unloaded dump truck, and this is a 87 V10 pickup, you get what you pay for, and most of all you get what you want /forums/images/graemlins/thinking.gif

85scottsdale

1/2 ton status
Reaction score
yep, Rough country here too, front and back, rides pretty stiff but I don't mind it unless I find a big bump. Cruising down the highway its not bad at all.

Beast388

1/2 ton status
Reaction score
I have a 4" Rough Country kit on my Burb.....and ya, the springs are STIFF!!! /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif /forums/images/graemlins/doah.gif

One of these days I'll go to a Tuff Country kit. /forums/images/graemlins/waytogo.gif

85scottsdale

1/2 ton status
Reaction score
Mine actually flexes pretty well, with no swaybar of course, their stiff enough for me that I don't even run a swaybar at all, its gone, didn't hardly notice any difference in handeling. It flexes well enough that the brake line brackets that came with the kit are not enough and i'm buying some of those napa brake lines for my truck because I don't want to pop a brake-line on the trail or something.

Top Bottom