S.A.E vs metric threads. There all the same when you use an impact, RIGHT??

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by bablazer73, May 8, 2004.

1. bablazer73

bablazer73 1/2 ton status

/forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif
    Just pissin and moaning a bit!! I finally got the tranny out of the 89 blazer!!(took 3 weeks to get to this point!!) and what do I have to deal with??? Crammed in bolts that DON'T FIT!!! BUT they put them in anyways!!! Man this S#$T really ticks me off! They put a metric threaded bolt into the bellhousing and 'Effed up the block!! I can fix that with a heli-coil. But they also put standard thread bolts into the Torque Converter!! I don't need the converter, But apparantly they didn't notice that the bolts stopped BEFORE it was tight?????? The flexplate is cracked at 1 bolt hole!! It's just the STUPIDITY of it that pisses me off!
    /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif
    Ok, Thats it for now. I feal better!! Thanks for listening!!

2. 84_Chevy_K10

84_Chevy_K10 Banned

Man, that really blows. Some people just shouldn't have tools anywhere near them.

3. 84gmcjimmy

84gmcjimmy 1 ton status

That would make me mad too. Hope it works out for 'yah! /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

4. or2play

or2play 1/2 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    Man, that really blows. Some people just shouldn't have tools anywhere near them.

[/ QUOTE ]

Ain't that the truth

5. jarheadk5

jarheadk5 1/2 ton status

Gotta love the folks that think an impact wrench is the solution to all of life's little hardware problems...

[ QUOTE ]
    Some people just shouldn't have tools anywhere near them

[/ QUOTE ]

/forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif

That might just have to be made into a sticker...

6. biobry

biobry Registered Member

We should sick the Million Mom March on the problem with Idiots owning tools...Actually a much greater and more dangerous issue than a few guns floating around! I think this is something they could sink their tooth...er, teeth into!

Bryan /forums/images/graemlins/k5.gif