s10 wheeler weak points?

sope

1/2 ton status
Reaction score
Well I'm on the verge of parting my full size trail rig and swapping some of my parts in to an exo'd S10 extended cab on an s blazer frame. If I get the cab / frame the plan will be 4.3 sm 465, 203/205 low max. locked fullwidth 60 and 14 bolt on 38 swampers. Hydro assist on reverse highsteer.I'm going to run leaves, not sure what yet. I think the last springs it saw were 52" rears and F150 fronts. After I wear my 38's out I will likely go H1's and probably stick with somewhere around 38's again. If I don't like the 4.3 I'll go TBI 305 which I already have.

What should I look for on this s frame and does the plan sound about right to the mini truck crowd. This will be a trail rig and not really see any mud. I've always been a FS guy so if you see flaws in the plan let me know. I'm lookin at the cab, frame and doubler tomorrow and if I buy it I'll post pics.

Thanks

Last edited:

sope

1/2 ton status
Reaction score
newrig.jpg

There it is The build will start in the next few weeks. The frames gonna need some work.

sope

1/2 ton status
Reaction score
not really. I started doing lots of dirt bike riding but I pretty much got all the parts ready to go. I'm running trail gear yota leaves. about all that's really done is the frame is patched up. I've kinda lost my wheelin interest for now. I'll get at it though. It's mostly just put it together. Parts are all here.

mybuick6

Reaction score
frame is very thin in the front. have to put plates on the frame to weld to, the welds will tare off the frame rail. I did a solid front axle on mine and the front panhard rod bracket tore off the frame.

primergray4x4

Registered Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Yes, the frame at the front suspension area is very thin and week where it is bent and welded to. I had a hole pop open and hair line spider web fractures.

The_Tomato

Registered Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
It's also a testament to how many factors can affect how quickly a build moves lol

Top Bottom