Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE Membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

saddle tanks not switching?

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by bigbadchev84, Jun 29, 2006.

1. bigbadchev84

bigbadchev84 1/2 ton status

i just drove home my 84 shortbox today and cant seem to get the tanks to switch over! i just put gas in it and the gauge didnt move:mad: my brother had swiped all the fuses out of my old blazer when he was having problems with his amp shorting out, and when i sold the blazer i pulled all the fuses out of my truck for it. well i didnt have a flashlight and all the markings on the fuseblock are worn away and cant read anything i seen. so i just started sticking fuses where i saw spaces. the tanks worked everytime before that so i am assuming that i missed a fuse or something? does anyone have a good pic of the fuseblock with the location as to what space and what that fuse powers so i can print it off and keep it in the jockey box as reference? thanks

2. dremu

dremu Officious Thread Derailer Premium Member GMOTM Winner

Build(s):
    Err. There are sooo many variations of what fuses went where, you're prolly screwed. I'd pop the ashtray out, see if you can get behind the switch with a voltmeter to check power to the switch.

I'd offer to help, but mine came with a mechanical tank switch pulled by a giant clutch cable :eek1: and of course it failed after 30 years, so it was replaced with an electric one I wired up.

-- A

3. RootBreaker

RootBreaker 3/4 ton status Premium Member

well first is first... yes you need a fuse to get the tank going...

then the wiring is a mess. I dealt with that a long time ago...

but I got it working.. let me see if I can find a pic to show you what I found...

it is a big pic but had to so I could get it looking right a while back....
    plus checkout my mspaint skillz.. YEAH BOY!!!!:haha:

[​IMG]

4. bigbadchev84

bigbadchev84 1/2 ton status

thanks, that diagram is sweet, i got up under the dash this morning before work and wouldnt ya know it i missed two fuses.:doah: oh well at least i have gas now:D

5. RootBreaker

RootBreaker 3/4 ton status Premium Member

hah... nice... hmmm seems my server is down.. gotta go in the basement now... :crazy: