Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE Membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Score Class 3 Rules Changes

Discussion in 'Pre-runner | Desert Racing' started by sreidmx, Feb 13, 2017.

1. sreidmx

sreidmx Fortify Offroad Vendor

Build(s):
    Spearheaded by Chris Raffo and Chris Wilson win the valuable help of other Class 3 entrants have helped Score move to changing rules!

We've opened up spring choice, engine choice, track width along with some other minor adjustments.

This is a huge deal for us as Chevy guys because it levels the field now so we can compete with bronco guys and their round springs!! Yeah!!
    Thank you to everyone who's had involvement in this in the past 11 years! @Stephen I know you guys tried to fight this battle a long time ago! We have won this now!

2. bent72

bent72 Desert Solitaire Premium Member GMOTM Winner

Build(s):
    Explain more please for the daft high elevation people...

bmxbryant9, GWeakland620 and sreidmx like this.
  3. sreidmx

Build(s):
    You can put coilovers front and back on a blazer and a arm it if you like. You could also run a new lt1 Di motor..
    We essentially said that the year of the engine and the number of cylinders didn't matter but it had to be gm engine with a gm chassis, same thing for suspension concept. Basically if that model had ifs and solid axles available then you could run either concept. So broncos being the only brand not to have an a arm but they have ttb still.

4. bent72

Build(s):
    LS3?

5. sreidmx

Build(s):
    Any gm engine. Barring boost but if you wanna run a dohc 3.6 v6 its cool

6. bent72

Build(s):
    No. That's not cool

Cili, GWeakland620 and sreidmx like this.
  7. retroblazer

retroblazer 1/2 ton status

The standard small block in my Blazer gives up nothing, other than a little weight to a stock LS3. My SB has 406 inches of displacement with good aftermarket aluminum heads. Not unless someone is handing out engines for free am I going to change.
    I can't wait to get the suspension moving, but I had to prepay the entry fee to the San Felipe race to have an impact on the rules, so cash and time are getting squeezed. We're scheduled to do the leaf to coil over after the SF race. We have phantom tee shirts to sell. We're selling the promise to get one in the future . Send me all your cash now.

tRustyK5, bmxbryant9 and bent72 like this.
  8. retroblazer

retroblazer 1/2 ton status

San Felipe has come and gone. There is an outside chance that the Blazer will be running in the Baja 500 in June. The parts reload for the next race is significant, without changing suspension. I'm down to six wheels, and some worn tires. The entry fee for SF 250 was $2,400, I can only guess that it will be more for the 500. Fuel mileage is 3 mpg or lower. I was able to burn premium pump gas for SF, but I will need to have fuel dropped off at the BFG pits for the 500. It's too much fuel for my small chase crew to have to move around. Delivered to the pits, the cheapest race gas is $10 per gal. The price to play....

campfire likes this.