Sniper RetroFit Fuel Module?

Discussion in 'The Injection Section' started by Reddrig, May 16, 2020.

1. Reddrig

Reddrig Registered Member Premium Member

So I’m in the process of updating fuel delivery with Sniper EFI on my new SBC blueprint engine. I’m going with the Holly RetroFit return-less fuel module in tank pump on my stock tank.

My current sending unit for my year Blazer was TBI which was Internal pump/sending unit which needed to be replaced for pressure demands. My question is I still want to use the fuel level float on the sending unit for fuel gauge level, can I cap the rest of the lines and just use it this way with my new RetroFit fuel module. Does anyone see a problem with this?, the new module has a vent built in. Below is my stock sending unit and the Holly. Going to post on Holly forum also.

https://www.holley.com/products/fue...fit_fuel_module/returnless_style/parts/19-360

https://www.summitracing.com/parts/RNB-692-033

2. Bent77

Bent77 lil meanie Staff Member Moderator GMOTM Winner

Build(s):
    So dumb question

If you have a return style pickup in the tank, what your opposition to returning it to the tank?

3. Reddrig

Reddrig Registered Member Premium Member

well I needed to replace the pump anyway so I opted to go return less just one less fuel line coming back. I needed 60 PSI for the sniper which my stock TBI pump was only 12. Holly makes a return style also, just liked the simplicity of the return less.

Probably should have just added the pump to the sending unit, but purchased the return less setup so trying to come up with best option. I would think I could just plug the inlets and outlets and keep my sending unit for fuel level.

4. dyeager535

dyeager535 1 ton status Premium Member

Depending on how set you are on this setup, did you look at the Corvette(?) fuel filter that doubles as the FPR? I haven't dug into it myself, but I know it started to become a hot item with all the LS-swaps which need more pressure. That and an EP381 in-tank pump might solve all your problems.

Huh, quick search netted this kit: https://www.speedwaymotors.com/Speedway-GM-LS-V8-Fuel-Filter-Fuel-Regulator-Kit-58-PSI,41791.html?sku=91012800&msclkid=9e62001ff3401d47136c5edf1567429c&utm_source=bing&utm_medium=cpc&utm_campaign=SMI - Shopping Top Skus for Bing&utm_term=4577541786042502&utm_content=HVS 91012800 LS Fuel Filter/Regulator Kit (Feb19_2019)

58 PSI however, not 60.

While I'm not as big an OEM fan as I used to be, as failures seem to become more frequent, I still have the belief that OEM solutions are generally going to provide better service. The major manufacturers simply have far more R&D into their products (and warranty requirements to meet) than the aftermarket can ever hope to match.

5. sweetk30

sweetk30 5/8 ton status . . . just for BENT77 Premium Member

Build(s):
    dead head fueling can get heat soak some times . yes factory runs it a lot now but they plan every part of insulation out real good .

your stock tbi sender just needs a updated pump for the psi for a lot less money than the holley sump unit . then adapt the line from the o-ring seal to a nylon or AN style to meet the psi specs .

the short time i had a sniper i ran mine with a acdelco ep381 pump . and that same pump is now feeding my edelbrock pro flo 4 no problems or psi drop off at high rpm . and the pump was a plug and play setup no mods to the sender required.

also skip the dorman CRAP part and save a LOT of money and go spectra premium and rock auto . https://www.rockauto.com/en/moreinfo.php?pk=17336&jsn=2042