CK5 Network
Repairing, restoring or modifying your ride just got a whole lot easier!

Snorkel

chevyman562

Registered Member
Reaction score
Does anyone know if there is a snorkel kit avail for 73'-87' chevy's. If not how have you guys made them. I was thinking of using 3" or 4" pvc pipe. I jus need to figure out how to mount it onto the carb. /forums/images/graemlins/k5.gif

BlazerGuy

3/4 ton status
Reaction score
Not the FJ40, it's the FJ60....or was it the FJ80... /forums/images/graemlins/thinking.gif...damn, I can't remember...

Z3PR

Banned
Reaction score
I really want to know too. Looks like I won't have to sell the K5 and I want a snorkel kit. I like the idea of the ARB unit, just need to know what year, make, and model to order for.

79Stomper

1/2 ton status
GMOTM Winner
Reaction score
I am considering doing one out of PVC pipe and then painting it black. Have seen a few around and as long as it is painted, looks pretty good.

gm4x

1/2 ton status
Reaction score
[ QUOTE ]
I am considering doing one out of PVC pipe and then painting it black. Have seen a few around and as long as it is painted, looks pretty good.

[/ QUOTE ]

Might look into correguated (sp?) drainage pipe (but be sure you avoid the perferated type). It's pretty flexible (so it's save $$ on fittings). Also, depending upon the configuration of air box/breather, might look at the "adapter" to go from the pipe (4"?) to guttering (2"X3"), can find all this at local home improv. center.

84_Chevy_K10

Banned
Reaction score
I have often considered going all the way under the truck with the pipe and up into the bed. It's rare that water would splash up into the bed.

skratch

1/2 ton status
Reaction score
The Safari Snorkle from ARB for an FJ80 fits. Its what was used on the Burb in Dante's Peak. /forums/images/graemlins/waytogo.gif

Z3PR

Banned
Reaction score
[ QUOTE ]
The Safari Snorkle from ARB for an FJ80 fits. Its what was used on the Burb in Dante's Peak. /forums/images/graemlins/waytogo.gif

[/ QUOTE ]Kewl, that's what I wanted to know. So a FJ80 what ??? Toyota, Jeep, ...ect. I don't know chit about those thangs.

84gmcjimmy

1 ton status
Reaction score
I like the snorkel idea on the blazer from ORD. It comes through the firewall and hangs in between the driver and passenger side seats I think. I might do that to the blazer after it's finsihed...

BlazerGuy

3/4 ton status
Reaction score
FJ80 is the late-model Toyota LandCrusier(FJ40's are the early ones that look like Jeeps)
safari_snorkel_saf60_62_80.jpg

This joint has them for 259

Here's an installation

mogas

1/2 ton status
Reaction score
Check out this dude's site he has modified the Toyota kit for his burb. I have installed 4 of these kits on buddiies Land cruisers and one on a Lexus LX450 (same thing, more bling) and one on my nieghbors Range Rover. I had a Jeep with one when I bought it. The Safari (brand) kits are sweet but expensive.
Here's the link: http://www.sounddomain.com/memberpage/176055/1

gm4x

1/2 ton status
Reaction score
[ QUOTE ]
I have often considered going all the way under the truck with the pipe and up into the bed. It's rare that water would splash up into the bed.

[/ QUOTE ]

I've never ran one (snorkle)but I'd probably re-think running it this way for a couple reasons. Damage to it would be one, legnth would be another (adds more restriction), and if you ran it down, then back up, in essence you'd be creating a "trap" (look @ the drain plumbing under your sink @ home).

I loved to watch them run those swamp-buggies down in Florida (on TV). What do you guys do for cooling fans in deep water? Stock belt-driven? Or electric ?

Top Bottom