ebay Snow-Mo-Cycle?

Discussion in 'General Non-Automotive Classifieds' started by fear_nothing, Jan 28, 2020.

1. fear_nothing

fear_nothing 1/2 ton status Premium Member

Build(s):
    Don't see these everyday. If it works its would be a hoot. Supposedly it was put together by a group of Japanese engineering students. After looking thru the pictures, its safe to say that just because you arean engineer doesn't mean you can weld.:waytogo: Some scary booger welds on this one. :yikes:

Last comment is likely more of the question, the rear seems to be lacking on any suspension. Does the swing arm handle that?

https://barnfinds.com/snow-bike-1982-honda-xl250s/

[​IMG]

2. ktmoutfront

ktmoutfront GnomeWorks LLC Premium Member GMOTM Winner

Build(s):
    There is a company in the US making a conversion. Works well and runs full suspension.

3. tRustyK5

tRustyK5 Big meanie Staff Member Super Moderator GMOTM Winner Author

Build(s):
  4. Abusfullofnuns

Abusfullofnuns 1/2 ton status Premium Member

Build(s):
    Snow bikes are pretty popular. I take it you guys don’t watch action sports videos or the x games.

5. Abusfullofnuns

Abusfullofnuns 1/2 ton status Premium Member

Build(s):
    This one is recent and worth watching. Super rad. The Claw!

6. fear_nothing

fear_nothing 1/2 ton status Premium Member

Build(s):
    Damn that looks like tons of fun and or a super efficient means in which to meet ones maker :surepal::thinking::pimp:

shady and Abusfullofnuns like this.
  7. HankScorpio

HankScorpio Customize everything Premium Member

Build(s):
    We used to see a few snow bikes a year up on the mountain. Last Saturday I probably saw 2 dozen. They side hill very well and are narrow which is good in the trees. Snow bikes are also light but don't have a very big track currently. In deep powder they can be difficult to stop and start since you can't really put your feet down on anything solid. I won't be trading my sled for one but they are gaining popularity quickly. The overall trend in mountain snowmobiles is a narrower front end to make it easier to get the sled up on edge for sidehills. The snow bikes and snowmobiles are headed to common ground, 400lbs and narrow. Big mountain snowmobiles are a whole different world from midwest trail running and the snow bikes do very well in the mountains. The mountain riding is where the biggest increase in snow bikes is happening right now. The idea isn't new, the snowhawk was a single ski snowmobile like 20 years ago. The technology and R&D on both sleds and bikes is now to the point that mountain riding is reaching crazy new levels.

Abusfullofnuns likes this.
  8. ktmoutfront

ktmoutfront GnomeWorks LLC Premium Member GMOTM Winner

Build(s):
    Yep. I wish this stuff was around when I was riding. I did snow machines, they were too bulky. These look like fun.

9. HankScorpio

HankScorpio Customize everything Premium Member

Build(s):
    The new generation of sleds destroy the sleds from the late 90's early 2000's. The best rider on the best sled from 20 years ago doesn't stand a chance against the new stuff. I wouldn't even try to take my old Edge RMK to the places that we now ride every weekend. The new sleds are a whole new breed of technology, incredible capability right out of the box. The snow bikes are seeing the same leaps in tech and are really impressive.
    khaos.jpg
    timbersled.jpg